Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd 40 grip safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default xd 40 grip safety

ok so i'm looking at buying a xd 40 subcompact and this will be my first hangun. i have shot a couple but not a lot. i was wondering does the grip safety ever get in the way. i've held a xd 40 and i loved the way if felt i just haven't shot one yet and i was wondering if it's noticeable or if it just takes some getting used to? thanks any help will be greatly appreciated..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

First of all, since you are from Oklahoma, welcome! I will be neighborly and try to help you out here. I personally do not own a XD myself and there are plenty of members here that do. They should be along to give you their opinions and experiences shortly. I have shot a few and the grip safety on the XD was no problem at all.

If you have a grip that is in any way correct you won't have to worry about the XD grip safety. The ergonomics of the firearm make the safety a natural part of the grip, so you do not need to adjust your grip. I am sure when you finally get to shoot it, you will find it very likable. The 40 is a good choice, reliable, ammo is plentiful around here, shoot it, use it, enjoy it, and maybe eventually work your way up to the.45 XD.

If there was a problem with the grip safety interfering, it wouldn't be such a popular pistol.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #3

No "Getting used to" necessary. Just grab the handle as you normally would. There is no extra pressure needed to press the safety in, and you don't even notice it when holding/shooting the gun. Same as the trigger safety. It is VERY effective, but you don't even notice it when you are shooting.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #4

alright thanks guys. that's all i really needed to know as that my only real hang-up on the gun was the grip safety..i guess i'll really find out when i get to shoot one.. and thanks for the welcomes.