Why am i seeing more and more people selling xdm's ?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Why am i seeing more and more people selling xdm's ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Excuse me fellas Glock guy here.....the reason is because everyone is switching to Glock!!!...just joking, no seriously, I want a xdm 3.8 too but I want the .45 version. Are the xdm's more than the xd's? why?

Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 View Post
Yea I posted it twice one was in the XDM thread.., but yea I see them for sale alot.. I'm actually thinking about getting one I just want to be sure I'm not missing something ..
Can't say what the reason would be but I have an xdm40 and would never consider selling it. I also just purchased an xds9, my best friend has an xd45 and an xdm9. We both love them. If you are seeing a lot of people selling them it could be a good thing for you, if you can find what your looking for used for a good price, I'd say pick it up, really don't have to worry about it being used since springfield has a lifetime warranty

Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23 View Post
Excuse me fellas Glock guy here.....the reason is because everyone is switching to Glock!!!...just joking, no seriously, I want a xdm 3.8 too but I want the .45 version. Are the xdm's more than the xd's? why?
Yes the xdm is more than the xd, usually by around $50 - $100, because the xdm has some added features, though I love the xdm I don't know that the added features are worth the extra cash, all personal preference I guess

Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #14

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Since I just sold 2 XDM's, maybe I could tell some reasons. I bought 3 Glocks in their place for two major reasons:

1) Holsters (duty, light-bearing, competition, etc.) are much harder to locate for XDM. The assortment and availability for Glock holsters is FAR superior.

2) The availability of spare parts is almost nonexistent for the XDM. When it comes to putting together an arsenal for SHTF, the Glock is, again, far superior. I can get every part in multiples for a Glock without really trying. Finding spare parts for my XDM is really tough. For example, go looking for a recoil spring for a 45acp 4.5" XDM. I dare you...

The XDM is a superior pistol (IMHO) with a great trigger and great ergos. But the Glock is much easier to live with. That's why I sold 2 XDM's for 3 Glocks.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Check out what this guys says about XD's

Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Since I just sold 2 XDM's, maybe I could tell some reasons. I bought 3 Glocks in their place for two major reasons:

1) Holsters (duty, light-bearing, competition, etc.) are much harder to locate for XDM. The assortment and availability for Glock holsters is FAR superior.

2) The availability of spare parts is almost nonexistent for the XDM. When it comes to putting together an arsenal for SHTF, the Glock is, again, far superior. I can get every part in multiples for a Glock without really trying. Finding spare parts for my XDM is really tough. For example, go looking for a recoil spring for a 45acp 4.5" XDM. I dare you...

The XDM is a superior pistol (IMHO) with a great trigger and great ergos. But the Glock is much easier to live with. That's why I sold 2 XDM's for 3 Glocks.
Dare accepted.. with a quick google search I found a couple websites selling with some in stock. Also sent an email to springfield.. this was their reply:

Good afternoon Mr. Taylor,

You can order recoil springs direct through customer service at 800-680-6866, Monday through Friday between the hours of a8:30am and 4:30pm CST.* Your other option would be Wolff Springs at www.gunsprings.com.

Thank you for choosing the First Name in American Firearms!

Have an outstanding day!

Justin P

Springfield Armory Customer Service

justinp@Springfield-Armory.com

1-800-680-6866

http://www.Springfield-Armory.com

Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Only reason I could think of was folks rebelling against an American co selling a non-American made product...but I doubt it...but they are a bit higher priced then some other options...
One Guy at our range sold his .45 XDs because the recoil was much more noticeable then any of his 1911's...one of the RSO's bought it from him and now carries it as his "at work" gun....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #18

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510 View Post
I was thinking of buying one but I see people selling them left and right online..?
A lot of people bought them when they first came out as an anti-Glock. Now that they've had them for a while, the luster has worn off as they are large and heavy and are replacing them with something smaller and lighter like a Glock 30S or XDS .45/9 or Shield 9.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #19

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

^^THIS^^

Funny how Glock never has to advertise, but when Springfield FLOODED the market with ads for the M-Factor, sales rose quite high. I totally agree with DenverSteve!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face