Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Who here has .40 cal. XDM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Seems like there will be a XDM in every configuration except the one everyone really wants.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 02-19-2010, 02:39 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Bone View Post
I bought an XDM 40 this winter, but haven't really shot it enough to make any pros or cons.
Dave
Your words, not mine Dave Bone. If you have shot it enough to tell if it has pros or cons, (if any) then I'm gonna make the assumption that you haven't shot it much or at all.

I don't shoot USPSA, but I'll tell you. . . Any gun I buy takes at least a few hundred rounds in order for me to get an accurate impression. . . or pros and cons If the mag release is still stiff, the gun is new. Those of us that have owned XDs for a while (and tortured them) know that this is one of the features that will loosen.

Sorry you (think you) got a bad XD Davy boy. You might wanna go buy a lotto ticket, cause you'll probably have a better chance at winning, then getting another "bad" XD.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #23

I want to buy an XDm 40 so bad, but I already own an XD40 and can't justify it. The only way I could do it would be to sell my XD, but it shoots so friggin' nice I don't want to give it up. Decisions, decisions...

Old 02-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I'm kinda in the same dilemma, but in my case a good friend of mine is moving to CA for work and I get first crack at his 2-tone XDM 9mm. I love my XD .40 and will not part with it. I would advise you to do the same and just wait until something comes along.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #25

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearguy10 View Post
I want to buy an XDm 40 so bad, but I already own an XD40 and can't justify it. The only way I could do it would be to sell my XD, but it shoots so friggin' nice I don't want to give it up. Decisions, decisions...
I've probably put 10-150 rounds through my XDm 40 and about the same or more through my Cougar 40 and have come to the conclusion that I prefer to shoot the Cougar, it's just so much more accurate for me basically out of the box. But that's just me and probably if I shot a 1000 rounds through the XDm it would grow on me. What I'm trying to say is that if whatever you are shooting is doing a great job stick with it unless you've had the opertunity to shoot an XDm or whatever and find it does better for you. To me the biggest plus for the XDm is the high cap magazines which puts the weapon in a shtf assault class where you can sling a ton of bullets while heading for greater firepower, shotgun, rifle or whatever.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #26

I ran my 40 XDm through the drill, in my first shoot of the year. Boy, that wasn't pretty! All 7 in my group were missing sooo many targets. Didn't help that the plates and poppers were white, with a foot of snow on the ground. Oh, and 3 of the 7 shot a hostage. Oh yeah, I was one of the 3. Ha!

Back to the gun. She did not dissapoint! I really like the way the XDm handles, and plan to shoot her all year.

As for the mag release, that needs some help. I made arrangements to get that cleaned up. One of the gentleman I have shot USPSA with since I started just happens to be a custom competition gun builder. Had to twist his arm a little but, he agreed to remove and polish that sucker.

Last edited by Dave_Bone; 02-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #27

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I'm kinda in the same dilemma, but in my case a good friend of mine is moving to CA for work and I get first crack at his 2-tone XDM 9mm. I love my XD .40 and will not part with it. I would advise you to do the same and just wait until something comes along.
Tell your friend if he can find a way to limit his magazines to 10rds or less, he can bring it to CA (unless you don't want him to take it )

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtiger View Post
the high capacity? I am thinking about one but do not have one locally that I can wrap my hands around. Does the extra capacity make the grip thicker then the normal XD?

Thanks
When looking for my first handgun, wife and I went to a gun show and tried handling different handguns, including XD and XDM. Our hands are not big and both felt good but the XDM felt better for us. That is why we ended buying one.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #29

Default Xdm 40 3.8

I just Got my new Springfield XDM 40 3.8 in all black Monday and Fired for the first time today. Awesome!!!! It is great! I shot 100 rounds, 50 magtech 165grain FMC, and 50 Federal 185 grain FMC with no problems. I did not have any of the mag problems it poped out fine fully loaded. I used the medium back strap. The Magtech 165 grain was a little dirty and less accurate than the Federal 185 grain, but they both did fine at 7, 15, and 25 yards. No feed problems the gun worked great. I got it at Clydes Armory in Athens GA for $549.99. I would strongly recommend this firearm! The only issue I had with this is that the Holster it came with did leave a few little marks near the tip of the front part of the slide.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #30

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

First, welcome to the forum. Many of the new members stop by the introduction thread and tell the other members a bit about themselves.

Second, I'm glad you like your new purchase and you are happy with it's performance. There are many XD owners here who will be glad to hear as well.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Newest Threads