Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Where do I buy my XDM 40?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Got mine there as well good pricing, quick turnaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
I bought mine at Jax Shooters

Springfield Armory

.Springfield XDM 40 Black W/FREE EXTRA MAG
Price: $519.99
LIMITED TIME....FREE ADDITIONAL MAGAZINE w/Purchase. (Total 3 !)

.Springfield XDM 40SW BITONE w/Free EXTRA Mag
Price: $559.99
LIMITED TIME....FREE ADDITIONAL MAGAZINE w/Purchase. (Total 3 !)

Old 07-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #22

Thanks to all for the help. I just purchased my new XDM .40 with stainless and the 4.5 inch barrel for $550 from a gun show. I will get it in my hands on July 13th and will post my notes after I give her a run at the range.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongeorgio View Post
Thanks to all for the help. I just purchased my new XDM .40 with stainless and the 4.5 inch barrel for $550 from a gun show. I will get it in my hands on July 13th and will post my notes after I give her a run at the range.
Cool. Gun show in AZ next weekend so I'm going to be lookin out for a screamin deal on a XDM 9 w/4.5B and of course a couple extra mags.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Great job! Looking forward to the pics? Did you get the all black?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #25

I got the black with the stainless slide. I will post pics when I am in actual possession of the gun on July 13th. Florida has a 5 day wait and with this being a holiday weekend, it has further slowed the process.
For those who have fired the xd 40 and the xdm 40 please tell me what differences you observed? I have only held the xdm but fired about 1000 rounds through a xd. Thanks to all once again.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #26
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Get your CCW permit in FL, and then all you (normally) have to do is wait for the FDLE phone call to come back approved. I have seen one time where I had a "Delayed".
If you plan to purchase more than one in the near future, it may be worth the cost of the permit.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongeorgio View Post
That's about $100 less than I paid for mine, so congratulations, dammit .
I began shooting long before there WAS such a thing as the .40, and as far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY semi-auto round I need. More powerful than the 9mm, more penetration/velocity than the .45, it's superior to both rounds. The only reason people denigrate the .40 is: (1) It's "new", (2) They can't handle the recoil.

dongeorgio, I'll bet you love your XDm.

NRA Life Member

Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVwheelgunner View Post
I began shooting long before there WAS such a thing as the .40, and as far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY semi-auto round I need. More powerful than the 9mm, more penetration/velocity than the .45, it's superior to both rounds. The only reason people denigrate the .40 is: (1) It's "new", (2) They can't handle the recoil.

oh boy

How did you come to those conclusions?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVwheelgunner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
oh boy

How did you come to those conclusions?
And... we're off!

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #30

Hey I got mine from buds gun shop also. $605 after all was said & done. including $6 shipng insur, $20 FFL fee, $5 Background check. Thought my deal was great, but that damn Jax Shooters price is crazy. Wish I knew about that, But I would definitely stay away from in state purchases, due to the tax thing. One guy actually went online while in the store to order me one. Told me he could get me one for $570. then $25 for shipping. Then $35 for the FFL fee, Then $5 for the background check, Then about $40 for taxes, then of course his 10percent fee. (CHING CHING). I told him no thank you. Rather than pay the state & him for simply doing an online search i'll just do my own searching.