Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   What is a good holster for my xds45 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/what-good-holster-my-xds45-89245/)

billyc525 04-21-2013 03:35 AM

What is a good holster for my xds45

I need info on all makes and ways to carry? I know this will be personal point of views, I will let this start me in some research , I update what I decided on.

BUCSFAN99 04-21-2013 06:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A bug factor is which method you want to carry. For concealed carry I suggest the IWB holster from Milt Sparks Versa Max-2. Once you place your order it will take 5-6 months for them to get it built and shipped. It's also $120 plus. My best friend finally found an XD-S last month. He already has a VM-2 for his 1911 so he called to ask them if they are making them for the XD-S yet and they just started. They don't charge your credit card until the order is ready to ship.

I just got my VM-2 yesterday for my Kimber Pro CDP II. You have two leather types to choose from, cowhide and horsehide. I chose horsehide because it's more water resistant and I'm a big guy so I need something to help fight off the moisture. I also added the shark skin trim to kind if bling it out. Looks awesome! I can guarantee you that other VM-2 owners will tell you it's worth the price and the wait. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Hollander 04-22-2013 11:53 PM

Check out Ryan Grizzle Leather. I have three of his High Country which is a high ride owb. One of those is for my xds45. Excellent work, excellent service, and he will modify them to your needs if possible.

capto56 04-25-2013 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll vouch for tommy theis holster. Iwb, horse or cow leather back with kydex holster. I have one for my ruger sp101 and am trying to talk my dad into one for his xd.

Cost is roughy $60 and takes maybe 1-2 months for him to make them. Single guy manufacture out of his barn. Superb quality and the best customer service I've dealt with.

Attachment 97977

You can get the cow leather in black for a uniform look. Lifetime warranty also.

As for owb, a pocket? Lol. Jk, the guns tiny enough though

drvsafe 04-26-2013 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I dig my Old Faithful Holsters IWB for my Nano. Less than $50 for a tuckable hybrid holster. As you can see in a lefty and they turned mine around to me in less than a week from when I ordered it.

whoopbass 04-27-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyc525
I need info on all makes and ways to carry? I know this will be personal point of views, I will let this start me in some research , I update what I decided on.

Got a "Talon" holster for my Xds. They make a cargo pocket holster that fits easily in front pocket of slacks or cargo type shorts. I even found a pair of jeans with large front pockets, looks like a wallet, no print of gun. $49, all leather brown or black, left or right. Ordered on Fri. Night had it on Tues. available on Amazon or their website.
The Xds is a small 45 , but it is still a hefty gun, I tried several other holsters but put them in a drawer when I found my Talon.