Want a cc XDm but which? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Want a cc XDm but which?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84

You may want to check out xdtalk.com... A lot of info there too
Oh yeah all over the forum haha theres some really nice pieces on there, thats where i was reminded about doing a slide lightening on mine

Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6673 Times on 3552 Posts
Likes Given: 503

ive got a xdm 3.8 45acp. the slide fits and works on my 4.5 xdm...

anyway the 3.8 version is soft shooting for a 45acp i dont feel hampered at all by the short grip when i need to stay under the radar.

its my everyday carry gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
ive got a xdm 3.8 45acp. the slide fits and works on my 4.5 xdm...

anyway the 3.8 version is soft shooting for a 45acp i dont feel hampered at all by the short grip when i need to stay under the radar.

its my everyday carry gun.
Very cool, all i hear is positive things about these firearms! And im ordering a PRP custom XDm all stainless inside and titanium pieces, sights trigger ect

Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
Very cool, all i hear is positive things about these firearms! And im ordering a PRP custom XDm all stainless inside and titanium pieces, sights trigger ect
my wife has a 4.5 9mm xdm which she picked out i tried it and HAD to get the 45acp version. THEN 2 weeks later springfield announces the 3.8... had to get that one too. i love 1911s but the xdm is a better shooter
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #15

Quote:

my wife has a 4.5 9mm xdm which she picked out i tried it and HAD to get the 45acp version. THEN 2 weeks later springfield announces the 3.8... had to get that one too. i love 1911s but the xdm is a better shooter
Haha nice, have you tried to CC one of the 4.5's? Yeah 1911's are awsome but gota get a real full size one and they take time to break in and are just a much different weapon

Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler View Post
Haha nice, have you tried to CC one of the 4.5's? Yeah 1911's are awsome but gota get a real full size one and they take time to break in and are just a much different weapon
well in wisconsin we got open carry and conceal carry. i prefer being discrete but i dont knock myself out over it. normally i use the full 13 round mag. i like the shorter 3.8 because its more comfy in the car and truck and doesnt peek out under my shirt tail the way the 4.5 can at times.

colt 1911s dont need a breakin. colt says if it doesnt function out of the box from round 1 send it back you accidently got a defective one. they believe a good properly made gun doesnt need a break in.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #17

Quote:

well in wisconsin we got open carry and conceal carry. i prefer being discrete but i dont knock myself out over it. normally i use the full 13 round mag. i like the shorter 3.8 because its more comfy in the car and truck and doesnt peek out under my shirt tail the way the 4.5 can at times.

colt 1911s dont need a breakin. colt says if it doesnt function out of the box from round 1 send it back you accidently got a defective one. they believe a good properly made gun doesnt need a break in.
Yeah in nevada we have both too but at work i have to hide it and many stores are against open carry -.- it was just such a debate over 3.8 and 4.5" ya know....

Thats true i can agree, like i think kimbers are really nice but a 500 round break in peroid to determine defectives? Ugh!

Newest Threads