Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Want a cc XDm but which?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default Want a cc XDm but which?

Im getting a XDm, debating over the 4.5" in a .45 or a 3.8" but you can only get the .45 in the compact, where the grip is too small for my hands without the extended mag... Get a bigger gun deal with the size or go conpact and extend the mag? Granted the 4.5 full size feels perfect in my hands... Tough!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have an XDM40 i carry daily. It has the short grip on it and is small for my hands but isnt bad to shoot like that. I do use the extended mags for practice alot more and also keep them as backups on me when i carry but the short mags conceal alot easier.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks
I have an XDM40 i carry daily. It has the short grip on it and is small for my hands but isnt bad to shoot like that. I do use the extended mags for practice alot more and also keep them as backups on me when i carry but the short mags conceal alot easier.
Cool man. Yea i can easily understand the benefit of a short mag and felt them both throughly, just uncomfortable for the bottom fingers to hold. Im usually wearing my work uniform (im a chef) so its baggy enough where size is not the biggest issue and when im out i have on longer shirts too. Im considering getting the 3.8C .45 and just keeping the larger mag in for the shorter slide and comfortable length for my grip...

Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Im a thinner guy so if i keep the extended mag in mine it shows more then i like. Ive got where when i shoot with the small mag i dont use my pinky finger and it makes it alot more comfortable to hold. It takes some getting used to though and i do prefer to have all 4 fingers holding it. Whatever your choise Springfield makes some great guns. I had a XD40 Sub Compact before the XDM came out and never had an issue with it. I put over 15,000 rounds through it, dropped in on concrete, in mud, its gone from extreme cold to hot and it never failed to fire or feed ever. I couldnt ask for a better gun. It was just time to upgrade since that one was very worn. I donated to the gun shop i go to for the owners son to use for practice at gunsmithing. They always give me great deals so it was my way of giving back.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks
Im a thinner guy so if i keep the extended mag in mine it shows more then i like. Ive got where when i shoot with the small mag i dont use my pinky finger and it makes it alot more comfortable to hold. It takes some getting used to though and i do prefer to have all 4 fingers holding it. Whatever your choise Springfield makes some great guns. I had a XD40 Sub Compact before the XDM came out and never had an issue with it. I put over 15,000 rounds through it, dropped in on concrete, in mud, its gone from extreme cold to hot and it never failed to fire or feed ever. I couldnt ask for a better gun. It was just time to upgrade since that one was very worn. I donated to the gun shop i go to for the owners son to use for practice at gunsmithing. They always give me great deals so it was my way of giving back.
Wow man thats fantastic and good to hear! Very nice of you too sir. After much (understatment) deliberation i feel im choosing the 3.8C, if i have room for the ext. Mag ill use it and if im at sayyy the gym for example im not leaving it in my car no way ill just mag swap it for the short one and call it a day.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler

Cool man. Yea i can easily understand the benefit of a short mag and felt them both throughly, just uncomfortable for the bottom fingers to hold. Im usually wearing my work uniform (im a chef) so its baggy enough where size is not the biggest issue and when im out i have on longer shirts too. Im considering getting the 3.8C .45 and just keeping the larger mag in for the shorter slide and comfortable length for my grip...
I believe that pierce makes a pinky extension that may bet the ticket for you... I don't have one but several guys I know use to take care of the short mag problem.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

This would be my choice...

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/01/19/introducing-the-springfield-xds-pistol/

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84

I believe that pierce makes a pinky extension that may bet the ticket for you... I don't have one but several guys I know use to take care of the short mag problem.
Oh thats awsome ill definatley look into that thank you sir!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler

Oh thats awsome ill definatley look into that thank you sir!
You may want to check out xdtalk.com... A lot of info there too

Old 03-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
Oh yeah ive seen that little booger its tiny! Little too small for me though i have a hard time handling micro guns, the 3.8C pushes the bar for me but one of the better ones there is

Newest Threads