Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Walked out Pin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Walked out Pin

Hello all, I have an XDm 3.8 in 40. Spent a little time at the range this morning, and after about an hour of shooting, I snagged my thumb on a pin that walked out directly above the magazine release. I've had this gun for about 3 years now, and am completely problem free until now. Does anyone know what exactly this pin does? And would it be safe to simply tap back in, or do I have to contact Springfield for warranty repair?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Yeah, thats the mag release pin, it shouldn't have walked out by its self, but you should be able to tap it back with out any problems.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #3

Yep, that's what I figured. I tapped it back in, and it took a surprising amount if force. I'm not sure how it could have even come loose.