Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Very Thorough Write-Up From The LE Angle. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/very-thorough-write-up-le-angle-24134/)

gorknoids 03-03-2010 03:21 AM

Very Thorough Write-Up From The LE Angle.

http://www.officer.com/print/Law-Enforcement-Technology/Springfields-XD9-Subcompact/1$31772

Tackleberry1 03-03-2010 05:31 AM

XD's Rock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class273 (Post 240209)
Good article. I was thinking as I read the article that it sure seems like they are behind the times in terms of the XD popularity and the predictions of popularity the author made. Then I saw the article was written in June 2006. I've owned a variety of pistols and wheel guns over the years. Without a doubt my XD45 tac is the best handgun I've owned. Accurate right out of the box, easily modified (trigger, sights), dependable, rugged. I was a Glock owner for years. Once I got my paws on an XD I sold my Glock. The XD is a great handgun.

It took the XD to get me to buy tupperware. Grew up with 1911's and still love them, shot a few glocks and never liked em, grips just felt wrong to a guy used John Browning best but 13 plus 1 of .45 ACP for under $500.00 caught my eye about 3 years ago so wen't looking for 1 on Veterans day, tradition, buy myself a new gun on that day each year, my way of treating myself for all those years of ringing blood out of my socks. Anyway, bought .45 ACP XD Service and have not regretted it. Trigger pull will never be as good my adjustable Kimber but then again, my XD don't malfunction like my Kimbers either:) Great gun, thinking about the XDM .40 now.

Gojubrian 03-03-2010 05:34 AM

Nice.

http://www.officer.com/print/Law-Enforcement-Technology/Springfields-XD9-Subcompact/1$31772

gorknoids 03-03-2010 05:52 AM

Veteran's Day = New Gun? That's gonn'a be the next reason she threatens to dump my butt! Great tradition, and it needs to be propogated. :cool:

gorknoids 03-03-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class273 (Post 240209)
Good article. I was thinking as I read the article that it sure seems like they are behind the times in terms of the XD popularity and the predictions of popularity the author made. Then I saw the article was written in June 2006. I've owned a variety of pistols and wheel guns over the years. Without a doubt my XD45 tac is the best handgun I've owned. Accurate right out of the box, easily modified (trigger, sights), dependable, rugged. I was a Glock owner for years. Once I got my paws on an XD I sold my Glock. The XD is a great handgun.

And that's the gist of my posting such an old review. It was an analysis of the weapon, not an opinion piece. As kids, we had ready access to Dad's Colt 1911 and his S&W Model 10, so the appreciation for the attributes of well-made hanguns are damned-near innate. "Coolness" was never an issue. It was awesome because it was awesome, not because it was 'considered" to be awesome. Springfield Arms addressed everything awesome about semi-autos when they rolled out the XD line, with the exception of legend. Legend only comes with time. They met all the gates of safety, reliability, accuracy, maintainability, durabilty, capacity, ease of operation, and THEN threw in the holster, spare mag holster, loading assist tool, cleaning rod, cable lock, and case just in case a lifetime warranty wasn't enough of a selling point. Brilliant.

spittinfire 03-04-2010 01:04 AM

I love mine...good article.

Tackleberry1 03-05-2010 03:46 AM

Dumb your but? Really

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 240257)
Veteran's Day = New Gun? That's gonn'a be the next reason she threatens to dump my butt! Great tradition, and it needs to be propogated. :cool:

That's why I've a got a big combo lock safe and she don't know the combo. Hell, she still thinks I own 6 guns. I'd catch hell if she knew I was looking for number 18!:)

Also-The safe and all it's contents are willed to my eldest son and the only written copy of the combo is in a safe deposit box that he'll learn about when my will is read. No reason to risk your wife selling off a fine collection if you've got boys sure to enjoy them and remember you while doing it!:)

zhuk 03-05-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 241593)
That's why I've a got a big combo lock safe and she don't know the combo. Hell, she still thinks I own 6 guns. I'd catch hell if she knew I was looking for number 18!:)

Also-The safe and all it's contents are willed to my eldest son and the only written copy of the combo is in a safe deposit box that he'll learn about when my will is read. No reason to risk your wife selling off a fine collection if you've got boys sure to enjoy them and remember you while doing it!:)

Whoa that's some forward planning! :D

Tackleberry1 03-06-2010 07:32 AM

Failing to Plan = Planing to Fail

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhuk (Post 242016)
Whoa that's some forward planning! :D

Yep,

Oldest boy is almost 18, had him on his first .22 LR rifle at age 6. He could outshoot most of my adult buddies by the time he was 10. Had that boy in the woods hunting, fishing or shooting at least once a month since he was big enough and what do you know...I've never had an ounce of grief or trouble out him...
Knock, Knock, me tapping on some wood for jinx prevention!
It would be CRIMINAL of me to allow any chance of that collection, which represents most of his childhood memories, getting sold off by a woman who despite being the best wife a man could ask for, could still never appreciate the value of those memories to that boy. Hopefully great, great, great, grandsons will be enjoying them long after I'm gone.:)

Leave a gun to a female and you'll quickly find out she's a magician and quite capable of turning fine wood and steel into new shoes and hand bags:eek:

Glasshartt 03-06-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 242299)
Yep,

Leave a gun to a female and you'll quickly find out she's a magician and quite capable of turning fine wood and steel into new shoes and hand bags:eek:

You must not have very good taste in women.