Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Tulammo and my XDm .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Tulammo and my XDm .45

Went to the range today to try out the steel cased 230gr FMJ rounds from Tulammo. I bought 100 rounds at my local Walmart for $29. I shot the 100 rounds, and then shot 100 rounds of WWB 230gr FMJ's. I had no problems at all. No FTF, no FTE, no squibs or hang fires. They went BANG every time. All spent casings ejected at the same angle every time and landed very close to the spent brass of the WWB. I did notice that the felt recoil was significantly less than the WWB, and the Independance rounds I shot my previous trip to the range. Accuracy was spot on at 7, 18, and even 25 yards. It seemed to me that these were good performing rounds for the range.

Beretta Neos .22lr, SA XDm .45, Colt Cobra .38 Special, Remington 1100 12 guage, Browning Citori 20 guage, New England Firearms 20 guage...

Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

They aren't "bad" rounds but watch shooting steel cased ammo especially if your shooting it all the time. Steel is harder than Brass "obviously" which in the long run can cause your weapon to wear down faster than normal with shooting just Brass cased ammo. My buddy who is an armorer told me to stay clear of steel cased ammo cause of the long term potential damage to the weapon. Just word of advice take is as you will. Just thought it might be help full. When i go to the range personally i shoot reloads or i pick up a couple boxes of PMJ which is fairly cheap range ammo. Depends on where you shoot but the last box i bought of PMJ was right around $20 bucks. But it depends on where you get it from also. If you got any questions shoot me a message.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info!! Think I'm going to keep the steel cases to a real minimum based on your feedback and some research.

Beretta Neos .22lr, SA XDm .45, Colt Cobra .38 Special, Remington 1100 12 guage, Browning Citori 20 guage, New England Firearms 20 guage...

Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson