Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > trouble

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default trouble

When I was putting gas in the car my full frame XD 9mm decided to show himself from under my shirt a cop saw it and decided to hold me at gun point after I showed my proof of haveing everything leagal I came to the decision I want a smaller main gun I'm looking at a sig 229 a beretta px4 storm. But my cousin thinks I should get another XD can anyone perswade me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #2

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_boy32 View Post
When I was putting gas in the car my full frame XD 9mm decided to show himself from under my shirt a cop saw it and decided to hold me at gun point after I showed my proof of haveing everything leagal I came to the decision I want a smaller main gun I'm looking at a sig 229 a beretta px4 storm. But my cousin thinks I should get another XD can anyone perswade me
Sig 229 isnt going to be THAT much smaller if at all. You saw the 239 I just picked up makes an EXCELLENT ccw , now I havnt shot it yet but all the youtubes I saw not one person had a bad thing to say about it . What I took away from it was

Pros : Small , accurate , Sig quality , stainless slide with nitron coating , durable , even after not be cleaned still reliable , Really thin profile makes it easy to conceal.

Cons : 29 1/2 ounces unloaded < doesn't bother me at all but if weight is a concern thats a tad hefty for a compact > ,

Single stack 7+1 in .357 sig and .40 8+1 in 9mm <again not a concern for me cause if I can't solve my average self defense situation in 8 or 9 rds I'm doing something all wrong >

Hope this help's . Just a few observations I made.

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 06-19-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #3

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Before switching guns I 'd review how and where I carry the gun. Myself I'm rather large and seem to only get away with carrying, small of my back, black gun and grips with a black tshirt tucked in. I wear a button up shirt not tucked in over it. The shirt is just a little big so whether buttoned or not I don't print. I the shirt rides up at all the black tshirt makes the gun blend.I found this combo works for me, you'll probably need something different. The main thing is you need to spend as much time figuring how to conceal as you do on which gun to conceal.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well its to hot in st. Louis for all black and I buy all my shirts one size to big and don't tuck them in I've had this same prob with my 1911 only it got me kicked out the grocery store

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #5

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Well its to hot in st. Louis for all black and I buy all my shirts one size to big and don't tuck them in I've had this same prob with my 1911 only it got me kicked out the grocery store
Like I said find out what works for you, I only wear a Black t shirt tucked in under the other shirt which I don't tuck in. This always prevented the profile of the gun showing up if the outer shirt rode up. This only works if you wear an undershirt.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ill try it and wear the gun around the house and see if my fiance can tell if I have it

Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #7

Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I can carry a full size 1911 without anyone noticing. If you have been made twice it is more likely your rig than anything else. Do you use a real gun belt? What style of holster do you use? Pancake? IWB? I carry strong side right behind my hip. A good holster and belt should pull the gun, including the butt up against your body. No offense intended. I don't know your level of experience.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #8

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Quote:
If you've been spotted twice it's time to re-visit your setup. Concealed ain't concealed if someone sees it. Give us some details about how you carry, maybe we can offer up some ideas...your frame, holster, dress, places you frequent...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #9

In my state you can see the print of the weapon
And still considered concealed. But I also carry a 1911 and a holster that keeps it close to my body. It's a fitted TAGUA leather holster.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #10

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
If you've been spotted twice it's time to re-visit your setup. Concealed ain't concealed if someone sees it. Give us some details about how you carry, maybe we can offer up some ideas...your frame, holster, dress, places you frequent...
I think its a work of fiction...

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

wickedins4nity Likes This 
Closed Thread