Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   trouble (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/trouble-66723/)

stl_boy32 06-19-2012 08:41 PM

trouble

When I was putting gas in the car my full frame XD 9mm decided to show himself from under my shirt a cop saw it and decided to hold me at gun point after I showed my proof of haveing everything leagal I came to the decision I want a smaller main gun I'm looking at a sig 229 a beretta px4 storm. But my cousin thinks I should get another XD can anyone perswade me

Gh0zt36 06-19-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_boy32 (Post 842102)
When I was putting gas in the car my full frame XD 9mm decided to show himself from under my shirt a cop saw it and decided to hold me at gun point after I showed my proof of haveing everything leagal I came to the decision I want a smaller main gun I'm looking at a sig 229 a beretta px4 storm. But my cousin thinks I should get another XD can anyone perswade me

Sig 229 isnt going to be THAT much smaller if at all. You saw the 239 I just picked up makes an EXCELLENT ccw , now I havnt shot it yet but all the youtubes I saw not one person had a bad thing to say about it . What I took away from it was

Pros : Small , accurate , Sig quality , stainless slide with nitron coating , durable , even after not be cleaned still reliable , Really thin profile makes it easy to conceal.

Cons : 29 1/2 ounces unloaded < doesn't bother me at all but if weight is a concern thats a tad hefty for a compact > ,

Single stack 7+1 in .357 sig and .40 8+1 in 9mm <again not a concern for me cause if I can't solve my average self defense situation in 8 or 9 rds I'm doing something all wrong >

Hope this help's . Just a few observations I made.

bearrwe 06-19-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Before switching guns I 'd review how and where I carry the gun. Myself I'm rather large and seem to only get away with carrying, small of my back, black gun and grips with a black tshirt tucked in. I wear a button up shirt not tucked in over it. The shirt is just a little big so whether buttoned or not I don't print. I the shirt rides up at all the black tshirt makes the gun blend.I found this combo works for me, you'll probably need something different. The main thing is you need to spend as much time figuring how to conceal as you do on which gun to conceal.

stl_boy32 06-19-2012 09:57 PM

Well its to hot in st. Louis for all black and I buy all my shirts one size to big and don't tuck them in I've had this same prob with my 1911 only it got me kicked out the grocery store

bearrwe 06-19-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_boy32 (Post 842189)
Well its to hot in st. Louis for all black and I buy all my shirts one size to big and don't tuck them in I've had this same prob with my 1911 only it got me kicked out the grocery store

Like I said find out what works for you, I only wear a Black t shirt tucked in under the other shirt which I don't tuck in. This always prevented the profile of the gun showing up if the outer shirt rode up. This only works if you wear an undershirt.

stl_boy32 06-20-2012 12:21 AM

Ill try it and wear the gun around the house and see if my fiance can tell if I have it

Rick1967 06-20-2012 12:39 AM

I can carry a full size 1911 without anyone noticing. If you have been made twice it is more likely your rig than anything else. Do you use a real gun belt? What style of holster do you use? Pancake? IWB? I carry strong side right behind my hip. A good holster and belt should pull the gun, including the butt up against your body. No offense intended. I don't know your level of experience.

vincent 06-20-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_boy32 (Post 842189)

If you've been spotted twice it's time to re-visit your setup. Concealed ain't concealed if someone sees it. Give us some details about how you carry, maybe we can offer up some ideas...your frame, holster, dress, places you frequent...:cool:

gatorwest 06-20-2012 12:48 AM

In my state you can see the print of the weapon
And still considered concealed. But I also carry a 1911 and a holster that keeps it close to my body. It's a fitted TAGUA leather holster.

willfully armed 06-20-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 842396)
If you've been spotted twice it's time to re-visit your setup. Concealed ain't concealed if someone sees it. Give us some details about how you carry, maybe we can offer up some ideas...your frame, holster, dress, places you frequent...:cool:

I think its a work of fiction...