Trijicon sights installed
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Trijicon sights installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 261 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Trijicon sights installed

Well I finally got around to installing my Trijicon night sights!! My first attempt was on my XD and that was a horrible experience. I bent the screw on my sight pusher and put a slight nick on the front of the gun. But after learning from my mistake, and shelling out as much as I did for my sight pusher (Hillwig) I decided that it was time to install them on my XDS.

This time it went very smooth, and I was able to get my sights installed with very little effort.

To anyone who is going to install Trijicon night sights on a XDS I will say that the ones for the XD and XDm fit, but the end of the rear sight seems to hang off the back of the gun, and sits a little to high. I will see how it is at the range and what it does, as far as hitting the target. I was shooting a little left with the factory sights, so time will tell with these. If I had to do it over again I would strongly recommend getting the Trijicon night sights for the Sig 228. See youtube videos on that. When I first bought the sights for the XDs I went on a bunch of websites and read that the ones for the XD and XDm would fit unfortunately I didn't install them right away, so returning them was out. Live and learn, and if worse case scenario, I buy the rear sight for the Sig 228 and install it. How about any one else, have you installed the Trijicon night sights on for the XD (part number SP1010/600581) on your XDs and how does it shoot?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7146 Times on 3912 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

Are they any better than fiber optic sights?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Are they any better than fiber optic sights?
I like them especially in low lights or shaded areas, I included a couple of pics, hopefully this will help. I don't think they look bad or out of place on the gun, hopefully I have them close to the stock position. The last pick is where you can see they hang off the back of the gun a bit. I dont think it will be a issue though.

20140729_112908.jpg

20140729_112950.jpg

20140729_113013.jpg
Old 07-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7146 Times on 3912 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

I like the grip. Is that stippling?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 104

It doesn't look that bad. The key is how well does it shoot ! We can get carried away w cosmetic BS - CC pistols were meant to shoot 7-25yds. Nice wide rear notch, should make it easy to find in rapid fire. (Only problem, if she is dropped on the rear.)

Show us a Tgt. Take your time and sandbag your rest, try to minimize human error. The gun might surprise you.

Having the rear sight machined into the slide is the ideal way to go but it is getting expensive and often requires refinishing the slide as well. Most people do not have the tools or skill base to accomplish the mission.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 07-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I like the grip. Is that stippling?
The grips are the talon stick talon grips. They have worked really well so far. I have 200 plus rounds on them and CC,d 6 months and there is no indication of them peeling up or wearing out. And if thy do there only $12 to replace.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
It doesn't look that bad. The key is how well does it shoot ! We can get carried away w cosmetic BS - CC pistols were meant to shoot 7-25yds. Nice wide rear notch, should make it easy to find in rapid fire. (Only problem, if she is dropped on the rear.)

Show us a Tgt. Take your time and sandbag your rest, try to minimize human error. The gun might surprise you.

Having the rear sight machined into the slide is the ideal way to go but it is getting expensive and often requires refinishing the slide as well. Most people do not have the tools or skill base to accomplish the mission.
I agree that some people get carried away, or just enjoy cosmetically making there guns look nice. Nothing wrong with that, and maybe a winter project, for myself one day.

I use and set my guns up for how I like them, and what I find to work well for me. Keeping everything stock on a gun is fine, but there are a lot of great aftermarket pieces out there that can and do aid in the enjoyment of shooting. I have these same sights on my XD and really liked them, my eyes are not what they used to be

They have allowed me to acquire a faster sight picture, and are definitely not made for target shooting. It will be awhile until I get to a range, but when I do I will post some picts of my targets.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 104

I'm tired of stock 3 Dot on my XDM w 4.5" - Want the same Tgt sights machined into the slide as they have on the XDM 5.25. It cost a fortune !

Whatever helps you get on Tgt faster and shoot straighter - I'm all for.