Took a friend shooting, he brought his Glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Took a friend shooting, he brought his Glock

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,060
Liked 1036 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default Took a friend shooting, he brought his Glock

when I was searching for a my first handgun, I made sure I rented a Glock, since that is the Master

Didn't like it at all, so ended up with an XDM9c.

Went shooting with a friend today. He brought his G19, and was watching him spray all over the place. I had just finished making a 2" dia hole from the 19 round mag with my XDM. So I shot his Glock... Not nearly as bad as his shooting, but holy crap, it was a mess!

Totally reaffirmed my decision on the XDM... if there was a question

__________________
partdeux is online now  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,016
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Lol. I bought a XD45 in jun. just bought a glock 2 weeks ago. I can tell you this. The triggers are like night and day. Although I am a good shot with both. I live my XD. To be honest the main reason I bought a glock is because well they are ugly. I got some bad copper fowling on my XD from my jeans. Luckily I got it all off. Then I smacked it on a wall while open carrying at my hunting camp. (Was not use to OP I only do it while at my camp.) So I decided to git a gun I would not mind getting scratched up. Since the glock is so dang ugly and I did not care if I dropped it or scratched it up. It became my daily carry. As long as it goes band when I need it to I'm ok. So in short I'm a XD man. But a glock can do the s*** work.

__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Texgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 71
Likes Given: 25

Default

I have an XDm-45, XDm-45c and a XD-45c. All great guns.

Years ago I tried to like Glock but I couldn't take to them, hated the trigger and grip.

__________________
Texgunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 848
Liked 518 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Not sure I am a fan of the XD, but I do know for sure that despite the fanboys a Glock is not for everyone.

__________________
CrazedJava is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
when I was searching for a my first handgun, I made sure I rented a Glock, since that is the Master

Didn't like it at all, so ended up with an XDM9c.

Went shooting with a friend today. He brought his G19, and was watching him spray all over the place. I had just finished making a 2" dia hole from the 19 round mag with my XDM. So I shot his Glock... Not nearly as bad as his shooting, but holy crap, it was a mess!

Totally reaffirmed my decision on the XDM... if there was a question
You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM.
__________________
Wrecked is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 18,076
Liked 6015 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM.
actually it stands for "more". thats according to springfields advertising campaign heh

but compaired to a glock they are match grade lol

i rent glocks about once or twice a year to see if my tastes have changed and i been doing this since they things were introduced. still havent come up with any reason i should own one. the xd/xdm are just much better than glocks.
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is online now  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,016
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked

You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM.
But shouldn't the all mighty glock be able to
Out preform a m107 at 1800 yards???? I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

But shouldn't the all mighty glock be able to
Out preform a m107 at 1800 yards???? I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
Never said anything remotely close to your exaggeration. Not even sure what your point is.

I own a Springfield XD9c, XDM9 and a TRP Operator .45. All excellent weapons. I like everyone of them. Possibly the reason I stated I would have been shocked if he didn't outshoot the Glock.
__________________
Wrecked is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

actually it stands for "more". thats according to springfields advertising campaign heh

but compaired to a glock they are match grade lol

i rent glocks about once or twice a year to see if my tastes have changed and i been doing this since they things were introduced. still havent come up with any reason i should own one. the xd/xdm are just much better than glocks.
Hmm, SA told me the XDM was a Match upgrade over the XD. I may have to pick a bone with them, lol.

I totally agree the XD/XDMs are better out of the box than the Glock accuracy wise.
__________________
Wrecked is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,060
Liked 1036 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default

I'm not expert, far from it... But the difference between the two guns was eye opening. It took me awhile to learn how to hold the XDM to get it exactly on target. But even when I wasn't on target, it was a relatively small grouping, just not where I wanted it. This Glock was spraying all over the paper. For me, that's 2 for 2!

__________________
partdeux is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the best glock for competetive shooting? Nickwashere Competition Shooting 23 03-05-2013 04:18 PM
Glock 17 Shooting Demonstration HD VIDEO Amsdorf Semi-Auto Handguns 2 08-19-2012 02:22 AM
Shooting Glock 37 Uptown_General_Roc Glock Forum 5 03-08-2012 01:31 AM
Shooting a new Glock 34 Dearhunter Glock Forum 0 06-05-2010 02:45 AM
Glock 23 shooting unconsistantly sammyd Glock Forum 10 11-06-2008 12:03 PM