Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Took a friend shooting, he brought his Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/took-friend-shooting-he-brought-his-glock-79593/)

partdeux 12-28-2012 01:11 AM

Took a friend shooting, he brought his Glock
 
when I was searching for a my first handgun, I made sure I rented a Glock, since that is the Master :)

Didn't like it at all, so ended up with an XDM9c.

Went shooting with a friend today. He brought his G19, and was watching him spray all over the place. I had just finished making a 2" dia hole from the 19 round mag with my XDM. So I shot his Glock... Not nearly as bad as his shooting, but holy crap, it was a mess!

Totally reaffirmed my decision on the XDM... if there was a question :)

lbwar15 12-28-2012 01:31 AM

Lol. I bought a XD45 in jun. just bought a glock 2 weeks ago. I can tell you this. The triggers are like night and day. Although I am a good shot with both. I live my XD. To be honest the main reason I bought a glock is because well they are ugly. I got some bad copper fowling on my XD from my jeans. Luckily I got it all off. Then I smacked it on a wall while open carrying at my hunting camp. (Was not use to OP I only do it while at my camp.) So I decided to git a gun I would not mind getting scratched up. Since the glock is so dang ugly and I did not care if I dropped it or scratched it up. It became my daily carry. As long as it goes band when I need it to I'm ok. So in short I'm a XD man. But a glock can do the s*** work.

Texgunner 12-28-2012 02:57 AM

I have an XDm-45, XDm-45c and a XD-45c. All great guns.

Years ago I tried to like Glock but I couldn't take to them, hated the trigger and grip.

CrazedJava 12-28-2012 01:33 PM

Not sure I am a fan of the XD, but I do know for sure that despite the fanboys a Glock is not for everyone.

Wrecked 12-28-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux
when I was searching for a my first handgun, I made sure I rented a Glock, since that is the Master :)

Didn't like it at all, so ended up with an XDM9c.

Went shooting with a friend today. He brought his G19, and was watching him spray all over the place. I had just finished making a 2" dia hole from the 19 round mag with my XDM. So I shot his Glock... Not nearly as bad as his shooting, but holy crap, it was a mess!

Totally reaffirmed my decision on the XDM... if there was a question :)

You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM. :)

JonM 12-28-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecked (Post 1069262)
You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM. :)

actually it stands for "more". thats according to springfields advertising campaign heh

but compaired to a glock they are match grade lol

i rent glocks about once or twice a year to see if my tastes have changed and i been doing this since they things were introduced. still havent come up with any reason i should own one. the xd/xdm are just much better than glocks.

lbwar15 12-28-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecked

You do realize that the (M) in XDM stands for Match Grade? Match Grade barrel, trigger, sights, etc. If you didn't outshoot the Glock I would be shocked, lol

That being said, I would put my equally modified Glock up against any XDM. :)

But shouldn't the all mighty glock be able to
Out preform a m107 at 1800 yards???? I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Wrecked 12-28-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15

But shouldn't the all mighty glock be able to
Out preform a m107 at 1800 yards???? I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Never said anything remotely close to your exaggeration. Not even sure what your point is.

I own a Springfield XD9c, XDM9 and a TRP Operator .45. All excellent weapons. I like everyone of them. Possibly the reason I stated I would have been shocked if he didn't outshoot the Glock.

Wrecked 12-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

actually it stands for "more". thats according to springfields advertising campaign heh

but compaired to a glock they are match grade lol

i rent glocks about once or twice a year to see if my tastes have changed and i been doing this since they things were introduced. still havent come up with any reason i should own one. the xd/xdm are just much better than glocks.

Hmm, SA told me the XDM was a Match upgrade over the XD. I may have to pick a bone with them, lol.

I totally agree the XD/XDMs are better out of the box than the Glock accuracy wise.

partdeux 12-29-2012 01:29 PM

I'm not expert, far from it... But the difference between the two guns was eye opening. It took me awhile to learn how to hold the XDM to get it exactly on target. But even when I wasn't on target, it was a relatively small grouping, just not where I wanted it. This Glock was spraying all over the paper. For me, that's 2 for 2!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.