Stainless Slide - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Stainless Slide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So am I

Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #12

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Davis View Post
So am I

Kinda like class without gaudy

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #13

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimion423 View Post
Lol this cracks me up! That "jsimion423" you speak of is me lol I'm just a Glock guy and know nothing about XD's or what there made of or how it's turned out if someone's done it already. I know that if you attemp to polish a NIX Glock you will severely mess it up. I have polished a few of the Glock slide for a few ppl on here.
Here's the screenshot of the PM I got when I asked this question, This makes me look like a jackass, I didn't include the persons name who gave me that info because he probably just mixed up the user or something and I don't see the point in putting someone out there like that, I didn't notice the person posting, normally I just reply.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 07-09-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: clarification.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Here's the screenshot of the PM I got when I asked this question, This makes me look like a jackass, I didn't include the persons name who gave me that info because he probably just mixed up the user or something and I don't see the point in putting someone out there like that, I didn't notice the person posting, normally I just reply.

Well, you don't appear to be a jackass to me but i'm kinda lost--Guess i ain't been keepin up tho

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #15

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Well, you don't appear to be a jackass to me but i'm kinda lost--Guess i ain't been keepin up tho
Yea, the guy asked about polishing a glock slide & barrel and I told him to ask himself based on info I got from someone else and also I didn't notice the user asking, I just hit reply, but I just wanted to show I didn't make the advice up.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Yea, the guy asked about polishing a glock slide & barrel and I told him to ask himself based on info I got from someone else and also I didn't notice the user asking, I just hit reply, but I just wanted to show I didn't make the advice up.
I hear ya- Don't sweat it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #17

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

In the end if your looking for longevity and strength, you cant go wrong with robar np3 as a coating. Beats chrome in toughness by far but is not that shiny so you wont go blind looks like polished stainless.