Springfield XDs photoshoot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield XDs photoshoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Springfield XDs photoshoot

Just picked mine up tonight after thinking about it overnight and wanted to get you some nice, clear photos of it. I'm impressed so far just handling it. Really looking forward to getting some ammo through it at some point this week. Few things I like so far:

-Very close in size to my PPS 9mm.
-Weight feels slightly less than the PPS.
-Trigger pull and reset is much better right out of the box than the PPS.
-Love the Fiber optic front sight.

After reading a bunch of reviews and handling it yesterday I knew I needed to add one to the safe. I've loved my PPS since I bought it and it has been 100% flawless for me. As soon as I saw the XDs I lusted after one. Just happened to check out a shop and they had one in the case. I've never been a huge fan of the XD lineup, but after actually looking at the XDs I was impressed. If it shoots as nice as it looks and feels then it is most definitely a winner!

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #2

Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Nice pics.. me like them

Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

love my XD. so glad i got it. you will be happy

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #5

Just realized I haven't updated this thread. I shot it a couple weeks ago.

------

Just got back from the range. Put 200 rounds of UMC through her and a few mags of Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 230gr JHP.

It shot really well. Like the PPS, it is thin so with my larger hands it takes some getting used to. Towards the end my shooting hand was a bit sore. The gun performed very well. I had one failure to feed, but I think that was my "helping" the slide forward. I couldn't replicate the issue again.

I basically shot it at 15'-20' with a few mags at 40 or so feet to just get a feel for it. There are no lines indicating the distance so i'm guessing at what distance I shot, but they should be close. While I could hit a torso without much issue at 40', it excelled at closer range. Before my hand got sore I was able to double tap at 15' pretty close together. Slow steady, fire was good as well and it proved to be an accurate pistol when I cooperated.

I hadn't shot in over a month so I found myself anticipating some recoil every now and then which caused me to drop a shot every now and then.

This was my best grouping of the night. It was also one of the first few magazines I shot out of the gun.

This was at about the same distance as before, but with a 7 round magazine and I emptied it in rapid fire fashion. You can see the dropped shot, which was probably the second or third fired, at the bottom of the frame.

Recoil, for such a small .45, wasn't as bad as I expected.

All the mags (5 and 7 rounders) performed flawlessly. I can't wait to run some HST through it next time I hit the range.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just purchased an XDs and it worked like a champ. No matter what ammo I feed it it always goes bang. I can rely on it with my life. Put 250 rounds downrange with no problem

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Just acquired one myself. Great pocket .45!! Even though I am a Glock enthusiast, I do like the XD-S. 100 rounds through it by me and no problems at all. Great little gun. JamesB, nice pictures too!!

Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This pistol does exactly as advertised. If you grip it correctly the recoil is almost mild. When I first shot it I jerked the trigger badly. This was mainly because of poor trigger finger placement. My finger is contacting the trigger at the distal joint which gives me a straight press back on the trigger. It hides out in my front pocket perfectly in a Desantis Holster.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #9

Still really liking it. I ran some ammo through it two days ago and it felt snappy after shooting 9mm and .38 Special before hand.

NitroxAZ Likes This 
Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you carry the XDs how do you carry it? IWB, OWB, pocket? I'm in the market for a pocket carry pistol. I just don't like the current .380s. I wear cargo type pants at work with large front pockets. Is the XDs pocketable? When not at work I carry a Glock 27 IWB. It's just a little too thick for my pocket comfort.