Springfield XDS Coming Soon - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield XDS Coming Soon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper View Post
Disagree. Holds 5+1 for 6 rounds. Just like a revolver. Pearce grip is making one round extensions for the mags, making it 6+1 for total of 7. The idea is for a very compact, easy to conceal firearm in .45acp. I ordered one today. For those complaining about round count, it's a matter of simple physics. You can only shrink the gun so far. They've got it about as small as it can possibly be. Can't wait to get it.
yeah its the same count as a revolver. thats the problem why not just carry a 357 revolver much better round same capacity.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
yeah its the same count as a revolver. thats the problem why not just carry a 357 revolver much better round same capacity.
Some folks prefer semi-autos, and good luck finding a 6rd 357 revolver that's 1" wide at its widest spot.

Obviously I haven't shot the XDs45 yet. But I'm guessing there are a number reasons why I'll prefer to carry it over my 357 SP101...preferable trigger, softer shooting (than stout a 357), favorable and familiar action system, slimmer carry, less hearing damage if discharged indoors.

But if I had a stronger revolver background, I might see things a bit differently.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Simple. Much flatter, lighter, shorter, quicker to reload.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally can't wait for this gun to come out. I'm 3rd on the list at my lgs to pick one up once he receives them.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper
Disagree. Holds 5+1 for 6 rounds. Just like a revolver. Pearce grip is making one round extensions for the mags, making it 6+1 for total of 7. The idea is for a very compact, easy to conceal firearm in .45acp. I ordered one today. For those complaining about round count, it's a matter of simple physics. You can only shrink the gun so far. They've got it about as small as it can possibly be. Can't wait to get it.
Where did you order from?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #16

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post
Where did you order from?

I am blessed in living 15 minutes from Springfield Armory. I am also blessed that I am LEO, and buy them for under dealer cost!

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #17

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper View Post
I agree. I've been carrying a Kahr PM9 for 5 years, settling for 9 mm because I really like the size.

The XDS looks to be .5" taller from grip to slide. I may have to fudge on my "no taller than 4" rule to get 5+1 in .45ACP over my current 6+1 in 9 mm.

I think this gun will be Home Run with folks like me who have settled on uber compact 9's because it was "the best we could get" within this size envelope.

Tack