Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield XDS Coming Soon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield XDS Coming Soon

What are some of the things you are looking forward to seeing from the XDS that the other models don't offer? What are some of the negatives you have heard or seen?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #2

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow12233 View Post
What are some of the things you are looking forward to seeing from the XDS that the other models don't offer? What are some of the negatives you have heard or seen?
Quote:
What are some of the things you are looking forward to seeing from the XDS that the other models don't offer?
Nuthin

Quote:
What are some of the negatives you have heard or seen?
Dont hold enuff bullets

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

to me its a swing and a huge miss. solely because of the capacity. if colt can manage to squeeze 7 into a small defender/newagent mag, and colt isnt big on new ideas, surely springfield could have spent a few more minutes in the think tank to do a 7+1...

holds less than a revolver, total miss

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Me too on the low round count. But I wonder if the width of the slide and grip make it easier to conceal.

I bought an XDm 3.8 Compact a couple months ago, so not in the market for a smaller gun. I am considering getting a full frame size 45 for home defense, but probably going with XDm 5.25 45acp. I like XD style and like SA customer service so far. Don't know what they were thinking in reducing the round count.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Disagree. Holds 5+1 for 6 rounds. Just like a revolver. Pearce grip is making one round extensions for the mags, making it 6+1 for total of 7. The idea is for a very compact, easy to conceal firearm in .45acp. I ordered one today. For those complaining about round count, it's a matter of simple physics. You can only shrink the gun so far. They've got it about as small as it can possibly be. Can't wait to get it.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the idea of a pocket pistol in .45 acp rather than the typical .380
And it can always be a back up gun to your normal carry gun. Sounds like a summertime swim trunks gun.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think Springfield did a good job at getting a new model of the XD platform. Most 1911 have the same round capability. I will do some research and see what the buzz is all about. So far I'm interested on the XDS. Don't knock it unroll you try it.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #8

It looks like it would be a nice C/C gun but we can't carry in Canada so I would sooner pick up a regular sized pistol for my shooting pleasure.

"Nina Myers: You're lying.
Jack Bauer: Yes, I am. But you're still going to have to trust me." ("Day 1: 12:00am-1:00am")

Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 228 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Pretty good chance I'll plunk the money down and put one through its paces in the next few weeks. My dealer is calling me when they come in.

6 rounds in the gun, 5 more in a spare mag oughta give me a fighting chance of getting back to the XDm45 in my truck, lol.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
Pretty good chance I'll plunk the money down and put one through its paces in the next few weeks. My dealer is calling me when they come in.

6 rounds in the gun, 5 more in a spare mag oughta give me a fighting chance of getting back to the XDm45 in my truck, lol.
I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say once you test it. Hopefully I will be picking one up soon as well. I just hope it doesn't kick like horse being a smaller single stack.