Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Springfield XDM 40 Out Of The Box!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-xdm-40-out-box-9972/)

drjohn 03-31-2012 02:42 PM

I also have the black XDm. Son-in-law has the bitone. Got mine with night sights for about $700 from a friend/dealer. Got a lasermax for it for Christmas. Spot on accurate with the night sights. Even more intimidating with the pulsating laser. Haven't gotten a light yet. Any suggestions. Has anyone tried the 21 extended clips? Have seen them advertised 4/$300. Pretty pricey. I have small hands, and the medium grip feels great. Considering a Kimber carry (probably a CDP crimson). Any input on that. I've shot one .45 and it was awesome. Gun was so accurate, I cut down a 2" tree about 20 feet beyone the target without even trying. Expensive, but little recoil and very comfortable in my hands. Love all of the safety features too. Also looks great in the rosewood.

Viking 03-31-2012 05:33 PM

I have long fingers and not all that "hammy" hands but for my XDm 40 I slipped on the small backstrap and it felt better to me. Kimber puts some really beautiful grips on their pistols and some of their metal finishes are attractive as well. Have you looked at Springfield Trp? I looked at a stainless steel model and with the deep checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing it wanted to stay in my hand. If I didn't have the callouses it would have hurt but it sure wouldn't slip.

DON1937 03-31-2012 05:45 PM

I've had an XDM 40 for a couple of years now. Haven't shot it much.....maybe a hundred rounds but it's accurate and easier on my hands than the Glock 23 I had years ago. I also have the XD 45 which is a great gun.

:)Surprised to see you using a photo of me for your avatar!!

Jayme 12-07-2012 12:38 AM

I have the 40 Cal sub love it. Just picked up the 45 acp XDS single stack talk about a well made firearm, accurate, no printing in shorts and tee shirt, and for the money you can't beat it plus its a handsome weapon .Springfield has really impressed me by all the quality extras for the workingan or woman. I have owned a lot of Glocks didn't like the hand grip.,and the price for Tupperware plastic sights just felt cheessy, don't get me wrong Glock makes a reliable weapons. Just not to my taste. The xds comes with a beautiful full size case that can carry lap top our what ever. Fiber optic front sight metal rear sight standard Two white dot metal sights.They also give you a couple different colored fiber optic rods to replace our change out the that comes stock ....For 45 acp on such a small platform is accurate as hell.. its not a spend the whole day at the range kind of weapon its a 45 smaller than some 380 any how. Welcome to the xd line you will not be dissapointed

ctshooter 12-07-2012 01:34 AM

The xds is a great little pistol. I have hade mine for a few months now. I bought an extension for the mag. Pearce makes it $10 well worth it.

AcePhoenix 02-12-2013 01:12 AM

What barrel length did you get for your XDM .40?

Mud4Brains, you never mentioned (at least that I could find) what barrel length you got for your XDM .40. Was it a 4.5", 3.8" or larger/smaller? Did everyone else get the same length as well? I'm very interested in picking up a .40 caliber (already own one in a Glock 23 Gen 4--which hurts the hell out of my fingers when I fire it). Love my XDM 9mm in 4.5" length. Really interested in finding out what barrel length you got for the .40 since recoil might be more on the 3.8".

ScottA 02-12-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcePhoenix (Post 1134014)
Mud4Brains, you never mentioned (at least that I could find) what barrel length you got for your XDM .40. Was it a 4.5", 3.8" or larger/smaller? Did everyone else get the same length as well? I'm very interested in picking up a .40 caliber (already own one in a Glock 23 Gen 4--which hurts the hell out of my fingers when I fire it). Love my XDM 9mm in 4.5" length. Really interested in finding out what barrel length you got for the .40 since recoil might be more on the 3.8".

Just sold my XDm 40 (4.5"). Snappy, yes. Painful, not in the least.

Dextersmom 02-15-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcePhoenix

I own the XDM 9mm Compact & Glock 22 gen 4 (.40) and wife just bought the XDM .40 Compact- I see no difference between the recoil on the Glock (full size) and XDM .40 Compact! I do prefer the trigger on both XDM'sthough! I find them smoother!

RONSERESURPLUS 03-06-2013 06:21 PM

I have an XD Compact coming to me in a Buy, if the guy ever gets off his duff and sends!!! I will be sure to let ya all know how it works as he included all the extr5a's and 2 other mags as well!

Ron L