Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Springfield XDM 40 Out Of The Box!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-xdm-40-out-box-9972/)

beaglesam 12-19-2010 07:28 AM

I've had my XDM 40 since August and love it. Most accurate polymer gun I've shot.

savijami 11-14-2011 02:34 AM

Springfield Xdm

I have both the .40 and .45 caliber full size and love them both. I have a green veridian laser that will fit either gun and it shots dead on! Love these Springfields!

DunRanull 11-18-2011 04:05 AM

My first look at the XDm .40 was love at first sight, as with others here. My only hesitancy was "9mm or .40". The .40 is very nice and a stronger round than the 9mm.. but the 9mm holds umpty-dump rounds compared to the .40. The grip safety was a large part of my choice.. I simply am not happy with carrying a pistol cocked on a live round without a safety and the grip offers that margin of safety. The .40 XDm will probably be my last personal defensive pistol, nosing out the Commander .45s Ive depended upon for many years. Coming from me, that was an admission I would never have made before.

Gh0zt36 11-25-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berny2435 (Post 305140)
sounds like a terrible idea unless you are looking for the 3.8 barel for CCW but you already have a good 40 for that. Otherwise, you'd be better off with a 5" 1911 for accuracy. 9 shots of a 45 should be good and I'd think a single stack would be more reliable. At least that's what I'm gathering for info on heavier rounds.

I have a 5.25 XDm .40 16rd mag in the mail coming to me ... get an extra 30fps out of the 5.25 will be my primary carry piece

BudW 12-18-2011 09:43 PM

Magazines not Clips!!!!!!!

kdh1949 01-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunRanull (Post 630571)
My first look at the XDm .40 was love at first sight, as with others here. My only hesitancy was "9mm or .40". The .40 is very nice and a stronger round than the 9mm.. but the 9mm holds umpty-dump rounds compared to the .40. The grip safety was a large part of my choice.. I simply am not happy with carrying a pistol cocked on a live round without a safety and the grip offers that margin of safety. The .40 XDm will probably be my last personal defensive pistol, nosing out the Commander .45s Ive depended upon for many years. Coming from me, that was an admission I would never have made before.

Not much difference round-wise between 9mm or .40. 9mm holds 19, .40 holds 16. Do you REALLY feel more comfortable with an extra 3 rounds? If 16 isn't enough, I think you need more than a handgun.

DunRanull 01-22-2012 09:54 PM

Obviously a few rounds more or less isnt an issue for someone carrying a Combat Commander these many years. The hard part here is deciding to sideline Old Faithful for a plastic gun, no less! But no Glock could cut it...
I'm negotiating for an xd .45. the foty-fi wins hands down now that I know where to get one. Hopefully in the next week or so I should be able to give a hands-on report! Godwilling.

kdh1949 01-23-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunRanull (Post 685597)
Obviously a few rounds more or less isnt an issue for someone carrying a Combat Commander these many years. The hard part here is deciding to sideline Old Faithful for a plastic gun, no less! But no Glock could cut it...
I'm negotiating for an xd .45. the foty-fi wins hands down now that I know where to get one. Hopefully in the next week or so I should be able to give a hands-on report! Godwilling.

If it isn't an issue, why did you raise it in the first place? Your comment that "the 9mm.. but the 9mm holds umpty-dump rounds compared to the .40." made it sound like magazine capacity was important to you.

I hope you go for the .45 XD. Or maybe hold out for the XDS which is coming out in a few months.

gr8wapiti 03-09-2012 02:22 AM

I've had my XD-.45 for 3 years now and for a carry gun I love it!!! Some of my friends say its too big and heavy with 13rds in it but after carrying a GP-100 with a 6" bbl I tend to disagree. Simplicity at its finest for cleaning and I've never had the mag bind up fully loaded when ejecting it. The sight pattern is perfect with the tritium sights and at 25 ft. I can cover the pattern with a silver dollar. I have absolutely no complaints about my XD, can't wait to shoot the XDM when it comes out in .45.

Gonzilla 03-11-2012 06:30 AM

Rough Grip

I had a problem w grip being too rough, so,I added a pachmyr grip or 1/2 grip add on. It does move around some but it gives me a greater purchase on the gun and cushions recoil on my hand.

W like fiber optic front plus adj rear but w just be recreating 5.25 poorly.