Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Springfield XDM 40 Out Of The Box!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-xdm-40-out-box-9972/)

mjohnsn 08-01-2009 05:29 AM

Proud Father of XDM 40

Well I couldn't stand it...I waited long enough and was frustrated while waiting on SA to introduce the XDM 45. I picked up a 40 cal. at Cabelas in Gonzales, LA yesterday as I had nearly $600 in Cabelas dollars and getting itchy to own an XDM. It's everything I have read and heard about and really anxious to get to the camp and run a box through it. Hope to give a new user review very soon. Yep, I fell right into SA's trap. When the 45's come out I will buy one of them also!

I have also started looking at SA's custom shop options for my XDM and interested in the Trijicon 3 dot tritium night sights and maybe a competition trigger job? The sights would be my first choice as I really do not currently shoot competitively. Any thoughts on getting my best bang for the buck?

Happy hunting!

Kage0113 08-09-2009 12:45 AM

Mud4Brains, when you post about your shooting experience with it, let me know how the recoil was on the 40.

CA357 08-09-2009 02:05 AM

You've discovered a new range report category; fondling. Mongo like. :D

AllAmerican 08-23-2009 05:33 PM

xdm 40

i just got my xdm 40 yesterday and am really excited about this gun. it is a very easy gun to disassemble , clean and put back together. try looking at viridiangreenlaser.com for a custom laser just for your new xdm. and streamlight makes the tlr-1 flashlight formounting under your xdm. it's nice to see good people with good guns.:D

CA357 08-23-2009 07:28 PM

I just checked and the OP hasn't been here since February. :o

slammr 08-23-2009 07:54 PM

I've had my XDM-40 now for several weeks and have put 650 rounds thru it. No failures with all FMJ ammo (3 brands). Recoil is manageable for me; can put doubles, and 3's in close proximity; but I wouldn't consider myself a swift shooter. Compared to a Glock 17 it is noticably snappier. I've no other 40 shooting to compare to.

The mag release is tight with a full mag. But as another poster mentioned, if you push up on the bottom, the mag release will work. The stock sights leave something to be desired, but OK for me for now.

Very well made, easy to clean, seems very reliable. My cost was $598 OTD. Very pleased with this pistol.

coppertop302 08-28-2009 06:14 AM

Hello to All,

New to the forum here but I have had my XDM 40 for a few months now and just picked up an XD 40 SC today. It seems to me that the clip release is more stiff on my XD with a full clip than the XDM was when I first purchased it. I did not get the chance to fire it yet but definitely look forward to it and hope it is as much fun as my XDM is. I loved the XDM so much that I decided it was time to trade in the .38 special I was carrying and go with the XD which is basically the same size overall and far more bang. Only question I have is does anyone have any good recommendations on a good holster to carry the sub compact in concealed?

Viking 09-11-2009 08:23 AM

I got a XDm 40 in Dec. last year, got the two extra clips through the Gear Up deal. I bought that caliber because of availability of 40 S&W ammo here in S.W. Oregon, 45 ACP ammo had pretty much disappeared due to the big ammo rush after Obama was elected. I also bought a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W, shorter barrel but heavier due to the alloy frame. The XDm has taken more shooting to get used to, the Cougar for me seemed to be easier, perhaps due to the extra weight. As an afterthought I probably should have bought an XD sub compact 40 for my CCW because the Stoeger is a large frame which does limit conceilability.

acerman 10-25-2009 03:15 AM

Just picked up a two-tone 40. Can't wait to try it out.Picture below.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ternal_38a.jpg

fandersonsr 11-04-2009 07:22 AM

Love my Xdm .40

I;m new here, but caught your forum while searching for a laser sight for my XdM .40.
Like a few of you, I was really wanting a .45, but once I put the XdM in my hand I was in LOVE.
I have had mine for 3 months now and have fired over 200 rounds thru it and not a stutter. This weapon is " Bullet Pruff", excuse the punn.
I purchased 1 more clip for it and I am still looking for a good laser sight for it.