Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield Armory xd, xdm, xds NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield Armory xd, xdm, xds NJ

Springfield must not like NJ! Bought a full size 9mm a few years back with 15 rnd mag. (Max in NJ) Wanted a xdm 9 mm full size but mag capacity is way to much. So I was going to get another full size 9mm CD but now the magazine holds 16 ends so no good in NJ. I Love the Springfield Armory products but not happy that I am pretty much forced into buying 45acp or a sub compact. I want a full size 9 mm that holds no more then 15rnds. A 15 rnd 9mm XDM 5.25 would be perfect I have the 45 version and love it. The nine would be for the wife.. Or maybe a single stack 15 rnd 9 xds!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #2

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburke
Springfield must not like NJ! Bought a full size 9mm a few years back with 15 rnd mag. (Max in NJ) Wanted a xdm 9 mm full size but mag capacity is way to much. So I was going to get another full size 9mm CD but now the magazine holds 16 ends so no good in NJ. I Love the Springfield Armory products but not happy that I am pretty much forced into buying 45acp or a sub compact. I want a full size 9 mm that holds no more then 15rnds. A 15 rnd 9mm XDM 5.25 would be perfect I have the 45 version and love it. The nine would be for the wife.. Or maybe a single stack 15 rnd 9 xds!!
Bummer, maybe beretta?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #3

Whats the ammo capacity of their 1911's?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper23
Whats the ammo capacity of their 1911's?
Oh im sure like (i believe) all 1911's are single stacks so 6-8?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #5

Yeah, atleast all the springfields are single stack.... I just looked.. Sucks states still restrict guns by ammo capacity. My xdm had " illegal in california" all over it. Glad I live in florida lol

Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburke
Has nothing to do with liking NJ has more to do with the demands of customers who live in the freedom loving states. While Chris Christie has been applauded on his conservative ideals he is a total commie when it comes to the 2nd

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

Has nothing to do with liking NJ has more to do with the demands of customers who live in the freedom loving states. While Chris Christie has been applauded on his conservative ideals he is a total commie when it comes to the 2nd

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson
Agreed 100% and good job thomas jefferson, he has some of the best pro 2nd quotes

Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Can't you get lowered-capacity magazines? I know they had some ten rounders for my XD45 (glad i didn't need them, but they were available).
My XD45 is cali-legal, but the 13 round mags aren't.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #9

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

When I was looking for a quality 9mm it was pretty much a choice between a Glock 19 or 17 can't remember which is the smaller, a SIg 226 or a Beretta 92. Recently picked up a CZ 75 compact. All metal, lighter than the Beretta and 14 + 1. Might be worth a look.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is what I think on the issue of States and their laws on magazine capacity, it blows. The States should all get it to where there's no standard regulation on the capacity of rounds one particular firearm has. You think the perps care or not how many rounds the have on their guns?