Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Springfield Armory xd, xdm, xds NJ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/springfield-armory-xd-xdm-xds-nj-60619/)

kburke 03-20-2012 11:29 AM

Springfield Armory xd, xdm, xds NJ

Springfield must not like NJ! Bought a full size 9mm a few years back with 15 rnd mag. (Max in NJ) Wanted a xdm 9 mm full size but mag capacity is way to much. So I was going to get another full size 9mm CD but now the magazine holds 16 ends so no good in NJ. I Love the Springfield Armory products but not happy that I am pretty much forced into buying 45acp or a sub compact. I want a full size 9 mm that holds no more then 15rnds. A 15 rnd 9mm XDM 5.25 would be perfect I have the 45 version and love it. The nine would be for the wife.. Or maybe a single stack 15 rnd 9 xds!!

ZombieBrawler 03-20-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kburke
Springfield must not like NJ! Bought a full size 9mm a few years back with 15 rnd mag. (Max in NJ) Wanted a xdm 9 mm full size but mag capacity is way to much. So I was going to get another full size 9mm CD but now the magazine holds 16 ends so no good in NJ. I Love the Springfield Armory products but not happy that I am pretty much forced into buying 45acp or a sub compact. I want a full size 9 mm that holds no more then 15rnds. A 15 rnd 9mm XDM 5.25 would be perfect I have the 45 version and love it. The nine would be for the wife.. Or maybe a single stack 15 rnd 9 xds!!

Bummer, maybe beretta?

Cazper23 03-20-2012 04:43 PM

Whats the ammo capacity of their 1911's?

ZombieBrawler 03-20-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazper23
Whats the ammo capacity of their 1911's?

Oh im sure like (i believe) all 1911's are single stacks so 6-8?

Cazper23 03-20-2012 06:31 PM

Yeah, atleast all the springfields are single stack.... I just looked.. Sucks states still restrict guns by ammo capacity. My xdm had " illegal in california" all over it. Glad I live in florida lol

InDefenseofLiberty 03-20-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kburke

Has nothing to do with liking NJ has more to do with the demands of customers who live in the freedom loving states. While Chris Christie has been applauded on his conservative ideals he is a total commie when it comes to the 2nd

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

ZombieBrawler 03-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

Has nothing to do with liking NJ has more to do with the demands of customers who live in the freedom loving states. While Chris Christie has been applauded on his conservative ideals he is a total commie when it comes to the 2nd

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

Agreed 100% and good job thomas jefferson, he has some of the best pro 2nd quotes

orangello 03-20-2012 10:59 PM

Can't you get lowered-capacity magazines? I know they had some ten rounders for my XD45 (glad i didn't need them, but they were available).
My XD45 is cali-legal, but the 13 round mags aren't.

Jpyle 03-20-2012 11:10 PM

When I was looking for a quality 9mm it was pretty much a choice between a Glock 19 or 17 can't remember which is the smaller, a SIg 226 or a Beretta 92. Recently picked up a CZ 75 compact. All metal, lighter than the Beretta and 14 + 1. Might be worth a look.

GIBro 03-25-2012 06:59 PM

This is what I think on the issue of States and their laws on magazine capacity, it blows. The States should all get it to where there's no standard regulation on the capacity of rounds one particular firearm has. You think the perps care or not how many rounds the have on their guns?