Springfield .45 ACP XD - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield .45 ACP XD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #31
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawth View Post
I've been told to expect the mags to remain on BO until after the first of the year.

I have had 2 on back order for about a month. BEWARE of some of the online vendors. Most vendors are being honest about the back order but there are a couple using clever advertising to get you to order them and then sending an email telling you they are on back order after running it through on you credit card. I will now have 2 of 'em from two different vendors when they come off back order...
I would demand a refund on your card, or despute the charges when your statement come in. Your card should not have been run through until the item(s) have beed shipped.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was not impressed when I got the email but I suppose it is a clever tactic on their part. I did call immediately and they, of course, were willing to credit my CC but once I called they offered me free shipping when it came off back order so that saves $10 and I am still going to purchase a couple anyway so I left the order as is. 1 point for clever internet sales.

What I should do is cancel the order with the other company and capitalize on the now free shipping with this retailer.

I am not familiar enough with the community here yet to start name bashing an online retailer for shady practices without knowing if they are a member here or a sponsor of the site.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #33

I own two XD .45's. I've ran well over 3000 rounds through each. They both have a four inch barrel and extended mags giving me 17+1. I studied these guns for two years before buying one and i've never felt a need to buy any othe handgun type. They are truly incredible. Now the cons in my opinion:

1> Accuracy suffers at about 25 yrds.

2> The all black model shows alot of wear quickly, where as the bi-tone holds up quite nice

3> Not only are they made in Croatia, but Springfield had an add campaign that attempted to make anyone proud of buying American look like a fool.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #34

The XD45 ACP service model was my first gun purchase. Within three trips to the range i was getting excellent groupings. i've taught several friends how to shoot with it, everyone of them bought the exact same model once they had the $. It's a fantastic gun to shoot; highly reliable, higly accurate. If you live in a colder climate, its good to carry in a shoulder harness under your jacket.

Edit: sorry for the bump

Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXFun86 View Post
I own two XD .45's. I've ran well over 3000 rounds through each. They both have a four inch barrel and extended mags giving me 17+1.
??? I only have 13 round magazines & haven't been able to find a higher capacity magazine. Any help for me gang? I'd love to have 17 rounds of .45 ready to go.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
??? I only have 13 round magazines & haven't been able to find a higher capacity magazine. Any help for me gang? I'd love to have 17 rounds of .45 ready to go.
Sorry, Never heard of a 17rd mag for the XD45. BUT if they do make one I will surely post it for all of you.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac10 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Springfield's .45ACP version of the XD? Is it reliable, how does it shoot?
Yes, it ROCKS! It's pretty much point and shoot. Very little felt recoil and super accurate. A ton of fun to shoot! Get one!
xd-sans-.jpg  

Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yes, I have 2 XD's, my 45 has thousands of rounds thru it and it shoots like a dream. Easy to point, reliable, accuate, a wonderful gun. A friend of mine who fired a few magazines thru mine is looking to trade his Kimber Pro Carry II in on a new XD45. I also have an XD9 and it only echoes the comments I've listed above.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #39

Default De 45 compact extended mag issue

Just bought an xd 45 compact and love it overall. The only issue so far is that the 13 round extended mag that makes the grip full size is VERY difficult to seat fully when loaded and then is almost impossible to eject while still loaded! Has anyone else had this issue? Does it get better with use or when the mag is empty or do I have a defective mag? This does not happen with the shorter 10 round one. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 AM   #40

it just needs to be broken in. I had the exact same issue with the extended mag for my xd sc 40. after a couple trips to the range you wont have any problems.