Springfield .45 ACP XD - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield .45 ACP XD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default service-9 XD

Well I got to run 94 rounds through it this morning before I ran out of ammo It is a real smooth gun to shoot and I enjoyed every minute.
I am going to try the SR-9 and the XD together and see which one shoots better and feels better. I like the SR's grip a little better but I have only shot the XD this one time as to several hundred in the SR. I guess you could call having both ..a win win situation Never a hiccup no matter how many bullets I tried in the mag!! XD has a much better trigger pull. Well now I have to run off and get some more ammo.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
...Springfield XD...the "Croatian Sensation".
Does that bother anyone else? I'm stubborn about "Made in the USA". I also wondered about quality. Sure, Springfield is known for taking care of their customers, but I don't want to be forced to use the warranty.

I held the gun, then I held the M & P. I went to a couple gun shows and no one had anything bad to say about any XD. I went to a shop I visited before and the counter guy said he liked the XD just as much as his M & P.

"Made In Croatia" right on it bothered me. Anyone else?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthTry View Post
Does that bother anyone else? I'm stubborn about "Made in the USA". I also wondered about quality. Sure, Springfield is known for taking care of their customers, but I don't want to be forced to use the warranty.

I held the gun, then I held the M & P. I went to a couple gun shows and no one had anything bad to say about any XD. I went to a shop I visited before and the counter guy said he liked the XD just as much as his M & P.

"Made In Croatia" right on it bothered me. Anyone else?
Oh my...
I understand if someone wants to be loyal to an American made view, but one thing you can't hold against the XD is quality.
These guns are PROVEN to be high quality, reliable defensive handguns.

I'm waiting on my 8th or 9th XD to be built right now (Custom job by Springer Precision) and I've personally fired many thousands of rounds through XD's.
They are my favorite handgun.
That wouldn't be the case if quality were an issue...

Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #24

Default XD .45ACP Passes the Test.

I just picked up a brand new 5inch .45ACP XD it went down south with me the next day. I put 350 rounds through it in a very dirty, dusty, and sandy range. The gun got griddy after the first 100 rounds, but it flawlessly preformed printing great groups at 15yards. I would recommend it to anybody. If you conceal carry Springfield makes a 5inch Compact XD with a 13 and 10 round clip, this is the one I got conceals nicely!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #25

Had my mind set on the XD, and still plan to go that route down the road because I saw and bought a 2nd hand Springfield Micro Compact last week from one of the larger local dealers.
Hope this isn’t covering the same ground: Below is the response to an E-mail I sent a couple of weeks ago to Springfield concerning whether or not the XD(M) will be offered in .45:
Good morning,
I do expect the XD(M) to expand to different calibers but I don’t know when.
There will be nothing new this year.
Thank you for your interest in Springfield!
Enjoy the day!
Best regards,
Trisha
Customer Service Representative
Springfield Inc

Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuii View Post
If you conceal carry Springfield makes a 5inch Compact XD with a 13 and 10 round clip, this is the one I got conceals nicely!
Actually, the .45 Compact has a 4-inch barrel.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Actually, the .45 Compact has a 4-inch barrel.
Actually....the .45 Compact XD can have either a 4-inch or a 5-inch barrel

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=117

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=121

Slo

Old 11-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #28

Default Xd 45

I have always been a 1911 style guy...I Love my Springfield custom 1911 A1. I built most of it myself...I am a hammer man...But when they came out with the xd45, I had to have one... I bought their 4" service model and later had a sure sight installed.. It absolutely shoots better than any 45 I have owned right out of the box. I love the triangle sure sight...very bright and works as it should.

It came with a right hand belt clip holster...I contacted SA and asked if it was available in Left Hand...What a company....They sent me a LH paddle style holster free of charge...It don't get no better than that folks...
Springfield Armory is Top notch in my book...

Steve

Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Oh my...
I understand if someone wants to be loyal to an American made view, but one thing you can't hold against the XD is quality.
These guns are PROVEN to be high quality, reliable defensive handguns.

I'm waiting on my 8th or 9th XD to be built right now (Custom job by Springer Precision) and I've personally fired many thousands of rounds through XD's.
They are my favorite handgun.
That wouldn't be the case if quality were an issue...

sorry about reviving an old post...

I have an XD in 45 and I'm actually having occasional problems with the extractor. Mainly when I go to rack out the round in the chamber to empty the gun, it will stick and I'll have to do it a few times.

Now, there is no problem with ejection of brass while firing though.

Also, what in the heck is going on with the back order status on 13 round mags for these guns?
Everywhere is backordered unless you have the 9 or 40 short and weak variation.

Anybody hear about when there will be some available?

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbatson View Post
Also, what in the heck is going on with the back order status on 13 round mags for these guns?
Everywhere is backordered unless you have the 9 or 40 short and weak variation.

Anybody hear about when there will be some available?
I've been told to expect the mags to remain on BO until after the first of the year.

I have had 2 on back order for about a month. BEWARE of some of the online vendors. Most vendors are being honest about the back order but there are a couple using clever advertising to get you to order them and then sending an email telling you they are on back order after running it through on you credit card. I will now have 2 of 'em from two different vendors when they come off back order...

Last edited by Slawth; 12-09-2008 at 09:37 PM.