Springfield .45 ACP XD
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springfield .45 ACP XD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield .45 ACP XD

Does anyone have any experience with Springfield's .45ACP version of the XD? Is it reliable, how does it shoot?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2007, 04:37 AM   #2

Head Shot and I ran a test on the XD and the S&W M&P. The XD came out on top in every category except ergonomics, and that was close. Accuracy was particularly interesting. The M&P was all over the target. The XD gave tight groups.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #3

Default Xd-45

I have numerous .45's including Colts, Kimber, Springfield, S&W, KHAR, GLOCK, even an old AMT 45 Backup. I am also a police officer and firearms instructor. This is not to toot my horn but to let you know i have a lot of experience with weapons. i recently bought the XD-45 full size. To be honest, it's a fugly gun, but it darn sure shoots. I had it out at our range last week for the first full wringing out. We had a full day of SRT training and I left the Glock 37 in the vehicle and used the XD. The accuracy is incredible as long as you do your part. The trigger is a little longer than I like, but once you get used to it and reset it properly, the darn thing is dead on. It is more dependabe than my Kimber Warrior and sout shoots about anything I own. If we hadn't just gone with the G37's for our SRT, i would surely have wanted the XD in my holster. And 14 real .45 ACP rounds in the size of a 1911 grip is always a plus. The only thing I might suggest is to look at the compact vs. the full size. The compact comes with extended mags that makes it a full size.

Shoot safe and often

Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM   #4

I am a HK guy...I have had/have still HK USP 45's , HK Tactical's...HK P7's......I have been reading about the XD's....Now I have had a few Glocks..Didnt like the NO supported barrel idea again alla HK...Sooooo I shot a XD Service ..Loved it...Matter a fact loved it so much I bought a compact 45 XD and put my HK P7 M-13 in the safe...I am starting a Company Like Lone Wolf Distibutors but Supporting the XD.......Big launch soon...I really loved that XD 45 THAT MUCH

"It's not who is right it's who's left" Mr Ed Parker
www.xdguys.com for all your XD needs coming soon :D

Last edited by Dark Knight; 10-15-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling goof

Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #5

Default It rocks

I had been shooting IPSC with a Glock 21 for several years and then, along came the XD 45 Tactical, it now attends the IPSC matches all the time. It is less recoil, faster for point shooting at close targets and with the +3 magazine extensions from Arrendo, that makes a handfull (17) rounds of high velocity medicine balls going downrange.
Accuracy is just as good as Glock, which is about as good as a handgun gets.
The Tactical model XD 45,in Dark earth, is orgazmic.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #6

XD45c love mine. only 600 rounds so far. The gun shoot great right out of the box and sights are good at low light

Old 02-15-2008, 04:15 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The XD "ain't no joke"!

The Springfield XD has really taken a big bite out of Glock's market dominance in the double action semi-auto market, ever since they introduced the "Croatian Sensation".

Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
The XD "ain't no joke"!

The Springfield XD has really taken a big bite out of Glock's market dominance in the double action semi-auto market, ever since they introduced the "Croatian Sensation".
that is true. i own 2 xd service pistols. 9mm and 45acp. i have never been a plastic man before. i always owned all metal handguns. and never liked the hk or glocks. but as soon as i picked up the xd i was like whoaaaa. then i shot it and liked it soo much that i bought 2. one right after the other. legally ofcourse. never looked back. but 14 rounds of 45 acp is fan freakin tastic

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #9

I have an XD45 and love it. I have several handguns, Glock, S&W, Ect. I was very impressed with the XD. I like the 45 round but also like hi-cap so when XD came out with a 13+1 45 i had to get it. great gun. shoots great and the recoil is not bad at all. Hard to carry concealed because of size and the weight is kinda heavy. good combat weapon.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #10

Love my XD .45.
I've owned 2 of the service models, one compact and 1 tactical- all in .45.

In 9mm, I currently own a tactical model and have had the sub compact too.

The .45 service model is my favorite of them all. I carry one daily and it's actually very comfortable in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster.

I'm getting ready to order another custom XD from Springer Precision.
It'll be finished like this:

It'll be getting his combat/carry trigger work, extended mag release, Dawson Fiber Optic sights and more.
I'm also having him do the snakeskin grip finish, like this: