Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Springer trigger options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springer trigger options

I have a XD 40 ready for a trigger job, a new combat/carry tigger job "without the adjustable overtravel screw" is availible now for $150.00, Trigger pill is 4 to 5 pounds, have you tried it. I appreciate any comments. Work will be done at Springer Precision.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #2

Everything I've heard about Springer is great!

I ordered the sear kit for my XD9 Service and had a local gunsmith install the parts. Trigger pull was great! I didn't carry it though, since the trigger was modified (if I ever had to shoot someone, I wouldn't want them to come back and say I had a hair trigger installed, etc.)

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have the Powderriverprecision trigger installed on my 40. Did it myself, pretty easy and it didn't cost the $150. either. You do need to have a very good understanding of how to take them apart and put them back together again. Take a look at youtube and type in 123powderriver, there are some videos of how to do triggers.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #4

I have an XDM40 and wanted to improve the trigger and it’s over travel. A friend of mine wanted to the same thing. We could not decide between the Powder River and the Springer precision. so I got the Springer and he got the powder. We both bought everything each had for trigger improvement. We to the range after installation and after 500 rounds in each gun, my friend decided he like mine better and asked me to do the same for his. I would highly recommend the Springer kit and transfer bar, takes a little work to put it all in but it’s well worth it

Old 07-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #5

What does the Springer Kit modify? Pull weight? Overtravel? Reset? I just got an XDm 9 and would really like to sweeten the trigger a bit. Don't need it very light. I would like a bit less take up and overtravel but would rather shorten the reset.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #6

Anyone have any idea?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005