Second Trijicon Out....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Second Trijicon Out....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 170 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Default Second Trijicon Out....

Sent my 3.8 .40 XDm in because front Trijicon front sight stopped glowing after about 500 rounds, slide sent out and returned quickly and covered under warranty. Took it to the range, shot about 200 rounds through it, dropped it in my bag, took it out to clean it, Trijicon out again! Sent it back, asked them to install upgraded dot sights, I am over the Trijicons. Weird huh?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Sent my 3.8 .40 XDm in because front Trijicon front sight stopped glowing after about 500 rounds, slide sent out and returned quickly and covered under warranty. Took it to the range, shot about 200 rounds through it, dropped it in my bag, took it out to clean it, Trijicon out again! Sent it back, asked them to install upgraded dot sights, I am over the Trijicons. Weird huh?
Question for ya, the Trijicon sights that came on the pistol, are they these? I'm just curious because I was strongly considering getting them to put on my 4.5 .40. But if they're poopin the bed like that, I'll stick to my nail polish or find another set of sights.

image-1961898588.jpg  

Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 170 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Ironic, I just received my slide back tonight, took a little over 2 weeks to get it back with dot sights, I am over the Trijicons. Yes, they looked like that. I know they have a good name but think the 3.8" barrel was over heating them, maybe they would work for your 4.5 or maybe you wouldn't fire off 200 rounds in under 20 minutes or maybe you wouldn't fire off 200 rounds in under 20 minutes and then put the gun in your gun bag without it cooling off? The warranty would cover them from burning out for years just a PITA if they do burn out. Springfield did not give me any explanation.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

If that doesnt work you coudl try the truglow TFO, theyre awsome big dots and are super bright day and night, ive ha no issues so far with them, i do however have a 4.5" as well