Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SecPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deerfield Beach,FL
Posts: 193
Default Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC

Here is a review of Boresight Solutions grip texturing work I did on another forum.

Boresight Solutions, LLC is located in Florida and for those not in this local area you can choose to ship a firearm to him also. An upstanding guy who does outstanding work.

I guess I'll put a disclamer: I have no business dealing or relation with said company or it's owners or partners.
You have to give credit where it's do for a job well done. Enjoy!!

Boresight Solutions Review | None | The Men's Room
SecPro is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Very good work. Looks much easier to hold onto.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

That works for some, but I think it ruins the gun. If you need a better grip, but some grip tape or get some grip decals. After a while you can decide to take the tape off or not!
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
That works for some, but I think it ruins the gun. If you need a better grip, but some grip tape or get some grip decals. After a while you can decide to take the tape off or not!
The problem with grip tape is that it melts off or peels off.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SecPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deerfield Beach,FL
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
The problem with grip tape is that it melts off or peels off.
Exactly! This particular gun is my work horse. I depend on it 24/7 to do what it's supposed to and as such found that the work Boresight did was perfect for my needs. We all have our preferences of course. I wanted something permanent that wouldn't have to be replaced or fixed after time.
SecPro is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
Exactly! This particular gun is my work horse. I depend on it 24/7 to do what it's supposed to and as such found that the work Boresight did was perfect for my needs. We all have our preferences of course. I wanted something permanent that wouldn't have to be replaced or fixed after time.
All of my guns are modified to fit me. Stock guns work fine for the masses.

Doing work for the sake of saying "mine is custom" is foolish. Doing work to make it better for the user is common sense.

Once I know what I want to do to my guns, they get permanently modified. But only the ones intended for "serious use".
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
All of my guns are modified to fit me. Stock guns work fine for the masses.

Doing work for the sake of saying "mine is custom" is foolish. Doing work to make it better for the user is common sense.

Once I know what I want to do to my guns, they get permanently modified. But only the ones intended for "serious use".
+! Rock, Like my Defender, its not customized, its me!

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

Canebrake is a work in progress. I will have the flat top serrated. Pretty standard stuff, right?

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

How about a weak side thumb rest? Or an asymmetrical trigger guard hollowed out on the strong side for a trigger finger rest?
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
+! Rock, Like my Defender, its not customized, its me!

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

Canebrake is a work in progress. I will have the flat top serrated. Pretty standard stuff, right?

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

How about a weak side thumb rest? Or an asymmetrical trigger guard hollowed out on the strong side for a trigger finger rest?
Whatever it takes to make the ergonomics work for the individual. If it rubs, I remove it.

I like your stippling, did you do it, or have someone else do it?
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SecPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deerfield Beach,FL
Posts: 193
Default

Very nice canebrake.
SecPro is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
Very nice canebrake.
Thanks SecPro.

Seein' how you're only 15 minutes from me, lets go to the range and you can shoot Canebrake!

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

And yes Rock, I did the stippling:

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum

Review of work done on an XD9 by Boresight Solutions, LLC - XD Forum
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
munitions shortage solutions Jesse Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 21 09-09-2010 08:06 PM
Come HUNT at: Brodax Wildlife Solutions! ghostndawoodz Hunting Forum 3 04-15-2010 05:02 PM
Boresight a Ruger 10-22 gunnysgt68 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 18 04-07-2010 02:40 AM
Cleaning Solutions jerryb General Rifle Discussion 0 06-21-2007 05:49 PM



Newest Threads