reloads in my subcompact

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > reloads in my subcompact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default reloads in my subcompact

This is my first post and I am new to the whole forum thing. I recently got my XD .40 3" Subcompact and read the manual. It says not to use reloads. It said something about the "ported barrell"? I am female, and want to become more efficient with my gun! Reloads okay or not?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All gun companies so "NO" to reloads because they don't want to replace blown up guns on their dime when somebody shot a faulty reload. They are just covering their behinds. With that being said, reloads are perfectly safe as long as you know what you are doing and pay attention to the details. My XD in 357 Sig never saw a factory round. I ran 1000 rounds of my own loads with no problems what so ever. If I didn't reload, I would have never bought the 357 sig. I could reload them for barely more than my 9mm. Factory ammo is way pricey.