Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > quik question.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default quik question.

I'm a glock guy but am interested in trying out an xd. What are the differences between the xd, xds and xdm?

__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ctshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 875
Liked 431 Times on 237 Posts

Default

Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point

__________________
ctshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point
Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?
__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ctshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 875
Liked 431 Times on 237 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990

Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?
I don't have any experience with an xd, or xdm. I do have a xds. Other than the recall on the xds pistol has been great.
__________________
ctshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter
Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point
actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Also between xd and XDM is the barrel size. With the sub compact xd is a 3in the XDM is 3.24. The service model for the xd is 4in the m is 4.25 the tactical model is 5 for the xd and 5.25 for the m. Also the grip on the tactical is shorter than the grip on the service model on the xd. I'm not sure if that's the same on the XDM.

__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.
Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.
__________________
rob1990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990
Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.
i have a glock and a xd. I like the fill of the xd more. The trigger is also better and it shoots smother. Also I like the grip safety. It's a little safer than just the trigger safety and it doesn't take anything to disengage like a manual thumb safety.

I don't won't you to think I'm just trying to put xd on a pedestal above glock. After all I carry a glock every day. They both have there up's.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have an xdm .40 and like it very much.

The xdm has match grade barrel and trigger.

I just got a glock 21 and shot it and my xdm back to back.

I liked the glock sights better than the xdm. I like the xdm ergo more- narrow grip- small hands.

I was accurate with both but they are different. It took me a few shots to get the xdm straight after shooting the glock.

Cleaning the glock is easier than the xdm. Fewer parts in a glock.

My friend has the xds .45. Very small. No match grade barrel. He loves it

__________________
lbrown is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bntyhntr6975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 234
Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Default

For the most part, things have been summed up. But, not all. Not all XDMs come with fiber optic sights. At least the wife's didnt, new. Its a 3.8 9mm. Now, the XDM 3.8 does come with the interchangable backstraps, match this and that, but also in a short grip or long grip. Oddly, the short grip was $60 higher. Less material, higher cost. Short grip fits the 13rnd mag, and has mag sleeves for the 19rnd mag, giving it the full size grip.
And it doesnt outshoot my Glocks. (17 and 2 19s) But it does shoot nice.

__________________
bntyhntr6975 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
.243 win load question and powder question Mantids88 Ammunition & Reloading 8 10-16-2010 11:55 PM
Brenneke Announces Quik-Shok Copper Lead-Free Centerfire Rifle Ammunition sculker Ammunition & Reloading 0 01-08-2009 05:36 AM



Newest Threads