Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > quik question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default quik question.

I'm a glock guy but am interested in trying out an xd. What are the differences between the xd, xds and xdm?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #2

Liked 431 Times on 237 Posts

Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point

Old 10-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point
Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

Liked 431 Times on 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990

Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?
I don't have any experience with an xd, or xdm. I do have a xds. Other than the recall on the xds pistol has been great.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #5

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter
actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #6

Also between xd and XDM is the barrel size. With the sub compact xd is a 3in the XDM is 3.24. The service model for the xd is 4in the m is 4.25 the tactical model is 5 for the xd and 5.25 for the m. Also the grip on the tactical is shorter than the grip on the service model on the xd. I'm not sure if that's the same on the XDM.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.
Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990
Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.
i have a glock and a xd. I like the fill of the xd more. The trigger is also better and it shoots smother. Also I like the grip safety. It's a little safer than just the trigger safety and it doesn't take anything to disengage like a manual thumb safety.

I don't won't you to think I'm just trying to put xd on a pedestal above glock. After all I carry a glock every day. They both have there up's.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have an xdm .40 and like it very much.

The xdm has match grade barrel and trigger.

I just got a glock 21 and shot it and my xdm back to back.

I liked the glock sights better than the xdm. I like the xdm ergo more- narrow grip- small hands.

I was accurate with both but they are different. It took me a few shots to get the xdm straight after shooting the glock.

Cleaning the glock is easier than the xdm. Fewer parts in a glock.

My friend has the xds .45. Very small. No match grade barrel. He loves it

Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #10

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

For the most part, things have been summed up. But, not all. Not all XDMs come with fiber optic sights. At least the wife's didnt, new. Its a 3.8 9mm. Now, the XDM 3.8 does come with the interchangable backstraps, match this and that, but also in a short grip or long grip. Oddly, the short grip was $60 higher. Less material, higher cost. Short grip fits the 13rnd mag, and has mag sleeves for the 19rnd mag, giving it the full size grip.
And it doesnt outshoot my Glocks. (17 and 2 19s) But it does shoot nice.