Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   quik question. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/quik-question-99192/)

rob1990 10-20-2013 02:05 AM

quik question.
 
I'm a glock guy but am interested in trying out an xd. What are the differences between the xd, xds and xdm?

ctshooter 10-20-2013 02:10 AM

Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point

rob1990 10-20-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter (Post 1407052)
Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point

Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?

ctshooter 10-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1990

Alright thanks. I've been curious for awhile. Besides the size difference is there any issues between the models of are they all good?

I don't have any experience with an xd, or xdm. I do have a xds. Other than the recall on the xds pistol has been great.

lbwar15 10-20-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter
Size. Full size, compact (mid size) sub compact. The xds is only 1" wide at its widest point

actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.

lbwar15 10-20-2013 01:10 PM

Also between xd and XDM is the barrel size. With the sub compact xd is a 3in the XDM is 3.24. The service model for the xd is 4in the m is 4.25 the tactical model is 5 for the xd and 5.25 for the m. Also the grip on the tactical is shorter than the grip on the service model on the xd. I'm not sure if that's the same on the XDM.

rob1990 10-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15 (Post 1407427)
actually that's not quite right.

The xd comes in full size (Springfield calls it tactical model) compact ( aka service model) and sub compact.

The XDM comes in the same sizes. The difference is the M of corse. The m stands for match. The gun comes with a match grade trigger and barrel. It also looks way cooler. They come with fiber optic sights instead of the white 3 dot. It also comes with 3 mags instead of 2. Also has replaceable back straps which the xd dose not. It is the upgraded version of the regular xd. Much like the gen 3&4 glocks

The XDs is the newest line developed specifically for CC. The XDs .45 is the smallest 45 made today.

Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.

lbwar15 10-20-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1990
Oh ok that makes more sense. I love my glocks but the xdm has caught my eye more then once just by its look I havnt held one yet but I'm thinking about trying one out.

i have a glock and a xd. I like the fill of the xd more. The trigger is also better and it shoots smother. Also I like the grip safety. It's a little safer than just the trigger safety and it doesn't take anything to disengage like a manual thumb safety.

I don't won't you to think I'm just trying to put xd on a pedestal above glock. After all I carry a glock every day. They both have there up's.

lbrown 10-21-2013 08:31 PM

I have an xdm .40 and like it very much.

The xdm has match grade barrel and trigger.

I just got a glock 21 and shot it and my xdm back to back.

I liked the glock sights better than the xdm. I like the xdm ergo more- narrow grip- small hands.

I was accurate with both but they are different. It took me a few shots to get the xdm straight after shooting the glock.

Cleaning the glock is easier than the xdm. Fewer parts in a glock.

My friend has the xds .45. Very small. No match grade barrel. He loves it

bntyhntr6975 10-22-2013 04:00 AM

For the most part, things have been summed up. But, not all. Not all XDMs come with fiber optic sights. At least the wife's didnt, new. Its a 3.8 9mm. Now, the XDM 3.8 does come with the interchangable backstraps, match this and that, but also in a short grip or long grip. Oddly, the short grip was $60 higher. Less material, higher cost. Short grip fits the 13rnd mag, and has mag sleeves for the 19rnd mag, giving it the full size grip.
And it doesnt outshoot my Glocks. (17 and 2 19s) But it does shoot nice.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.