question on buying xd online - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > question on buying xd online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

To me buying a gun is like buying a car. If I can't sit in it and drive it , no deal. When the XD 45 first came out, I had to have one, so I ordered one and other than shooting a little inconsistant patern at 50 yards, it was OK for personal protection, then everytime I got a gun magazine, the XD had come out with something different that made mine look like a antique. I finally got pissed at the changes they made and tried to sell mine, but nobody wanted it because it was the old model. I finally put it in the safe and never to be shot or sold until my death. To this day I've never bought another XD and never will. They might be the best guns in the world (which I serious doubt) but there is not one that will match the Colts I shoot, not even the FN or Kimber. If XM's turn you on, buy one, but don't expect to win any pistol matches with one unless you can to get Springfield to sponser you.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
To me buying a gun is like buying a car. If I can't sit in it and drive it , no deal. When the XD 45 first came out, I had to have one, so I ordered one and other than shooting a little inconsistant patern at 50 yards, it was OK for personal protection, then everytime I got a gun magazine, the XD had come out with something different that made mine look like a antique. I finally got pissed at the changes they made and tried to sell mine, but nobody wanted it because it was the old model. I finally put it in the safe and never to be shot or sold until my death. To this day I've never bought another XD and never will. They might be the best guns in the world (which I serious doubt) but there is not one that will match the Colts I shoot, not even the FN or Kimber. If XM's turn you on, buy one, but don't expect to win any pistol matches with one unless you can to get Springfield to sponser you.
i really do like my XDm40 and it's a great pistol to shoot and i liked it as soon as i held it. if i ever had to make a choice between my XDm or my 1911, and i hope i never have to, i would have to go with my 1911. i shoot my XDm more now than the 1911, but i will probably always own one. some may come and go and be replaced, but my 1911 will always be there, only replaced with another 1911. i also realize my XDm isn't a 1911, nor do i expect it to be, it is waht it is, a polymer pistol that just plain works as it's intended and fits my hand well. it's lighter than my 1911, which i like, but there is that solid feel to the 1911, that i like also. so i like them for what they are, and will say this, don't buy something expecting it to be what it's not, because you will be disappointed. buy what you want based on what it is.