Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Powder River upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Powder River upgrades

Was wondering if anyone has bought and installed PRP? Do you like them? Is it worth the money?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm thinkin bout the spring kit for my XDs, I think less slack and a slightly lighter trigger would be great on my everyday carry piece. Biggest concern would be affecting reliability

Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the drop in kit for my XD 9. The kit comes with 2 sets of springs, one of them being competition springs. I installed the non competition springs and the new trigger, but left the factory striker spring in. The difference was night and day. Lighter pull, crisper break and nowhere near as much travel. Had no malfunctions of any kind through 200 rounds. When I installed the striker spring that came with the kit, I had all light strikes on my reloads. I believe this was because of the hard primers, not the spring itself. The lighter striker spring worked fine with factory loads.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #4

I put a PRP kit in my XDm .40/4.5". It's been in a couple of years, maybe 3 or 4. I'd have to go dig up the paper work. I think it's was worth while. It shortened the trigger pull and reset.
I shoot better with the kit installed.
Last spring the trigger spring broke at the range. Turned it into a hammer. Replaced it with the OEM 'cause that's all I had and it's still working fine. I've got 8 or 9 thousand rounds total through the gun.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
glg

I have the PRP drop in trigger in my XDM 3.8 compact .40. As others have said, it is a big improvement over stock. This is my ccw gun, and I found that it was money well spent.