The Perfect Concealed Carry Holster for my XD-S - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

The Perfect Concealed Carry Holster for my XD-S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 04:32 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1539 Times on 809 Posts

I second Threetango on the Talon holster. I switch between appendix and small of the back depending on situation and clothing. Very versatile and minimalistic and I even use it sometimes in a backpack small pocket to keep stuff off the trigger. At the minimum I recommend it being in your inventory, I guarantee it will see lots of use.
Threetango Likes This 
Old 08-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10467 Times on 5572 Posts
Likes Given: 22335

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrami View Post
115F here in E.WA today.
I envy you "dry heat" people.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:39 AM   #23

Liked 250 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Default Leatherneck Tactical Recon holster

I received my Recon holster for the XDS several days ago and I'm finding it just as nice as the two previous Recon holsters I've purchased. My delivery times have been around 3 weeks. I have no affiliation with the maker, just a repeat customer. The Leatherneck Tactical web site is here: http://www.leathernecktactical.com/

The Recon was designed with the AIWB carry in mind and it excels at this. The muzzle end is very trim with no excess material to interfere with mobility and range of motion. It also carries in other positions very nicely. The cant is adjustable at the clip to facilitate hip carry. That clip works very well, easy on & off yet secure. Sight channel is generous and the holster overall provides a very slim profile.

One of the aspects of this fellow's holsters I truly enjoy is the draw and re-holster. I'm an old school shooter who likes a well fitted leather holster but I recognize the advantages of materials such as Kydex. The Recon has a draw that is much more like a leather holster. It doesn't have that heavy snap-in/snap-out of some holsters that place all their retention at one point of the handgun. The well fit uniformity of the Recon yields a nice draw, smooth re-holstering and ample security.

Options for the Recon include RH/LH, various colors, .060 or .080 Kydex and 3 heights for the body shield. Cost is $60.00 which includes the shipping. My Recon for the XDS is the .060 Kydex with a medium height body shield. I carry AIWB (just left of my belt buckle), and set a little cant to enhance a proper grip acquisition.

Here's what it looks like:
The Perfect Concealed Carry Holster for my XD-S - XD Forum

Threetango Likes This