Ordered one of the new XDs models. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Ordered one of the new XDs models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

If only I could get one without the damn grip safety. I don't want my life to depend on a perfect grip while I am moving to cover..

Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Never had the problem w my 1911, don't expect to have one w XDM. Just don't like Ka Boom stories. Have heard about limp wrist and FTFs on a variety of autos but luckily, have never experienced one.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinoif3
Just remember though when the world comes to an end the only thing that will be left will be cockroaches and GLOCKS!!!!
I'm looking to trade my gen3 Glock17 for an XD because I shot one this week and I absolutely fell in love with the gun!...Also i have had nothing but problems with my glock ever since I walked out the door with it..It might just be the first/last glock I ever own because I'm switching to the dark side.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

What condition was the 17? Usually you don't hear of any problems in that model. Oh well. It's really what's best feeling in your hand anyways. To be honest with ya I use to own 2 xd's. A sub compact xd 9 and a xdm 3.8 40. Loved them before I held a glock. Fits my hand better and plus I'm a lefty. I like having zero things to manipulate when I clear leather.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinoif3
What condition was the 17? Usually you don't hear of any problems in that model. Oh well. It's really what's best feeling in your hand anyways. To be honest with ya I use to own 2 xd's. A sub compact xd 9 and a xdm 3.8 40. Loved them before I held a glock. Fits my hand better and plus I'm a lefty. I like having zero things to manipulate when I clear leather.
It was brand new out of the box with problems..I had to send it to Glock because it throws casings at my face..Also they forgot to put in the double action trigger and I had to swap it from another gun that hadn't been sold yet in order to walk out of the door with it...I traded my ruger sr9 for it and ever since I have been kicking myself for it.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #26

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
If only I could get one without the damn grip safety. I don't want my life to depend on a perfect grip while I am moving to cover..

I've trained many people and/or police officers with these and have NEVER seen an issue with the grip safety. You would almost have to try and adjust your grip so far as to not be able to shoot the gun. I really think that's a non-issue.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #27

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Looks like a pretty sweet compact. Unfortunately my hands r to large for compact guns and the fit is not right. So I don't get the luxury of enjoying one. Shoot them but uncomfortable.