Ordered one of the new XDs models.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Ordered one of the new XDs models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Ordered one of the new XDs models.

I ordered a new Springfield Armory XDs. It's going to be my dailey carry gun. My oldest son ordered one too. We should have them around late April. Here's info if you haven't seen anything on these yet: http://www.xdspistol.com/

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1202 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 500

I am seriously considering one, what is the expected cost?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I am seriously considering one, what is the expected cost?
Should be a little under $600. My LGS is setting one aside and calling me when they come in.

It might become my EDC. We'll see how it does when I put it through its paces. I'm fortunate enough to have several other options if it doesn't work out. And then I'll have to carefully consider the size:capacity tradeoff. I don't think any of this can be decided before I've held the bugger and run a few hundred rounds through it.

Looks to have tremendous potential, but I do wish it held another round or two. I've yet to see a "bad" XD/XDm.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #4

My wife just had me pick her up the New XD 40 subcompact. She really likes it and can keep em in the 10 ring
No probems after about 200 rounds... I carry a G23....

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #5

I like Glocks, and carried one off and on duty for years. When the XD's first came out, I also owned a gun store. Just for the heck of it, 4 of us took a Glock 21 and an XD45 to the range. We all took turns firing each one. All of us shot the XD better than the Glock. That is just our experience, and again I am not bashing Glocks.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #6

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper
I like Glocks, and carried one off and on duty for years. When the XD's first came out, I also owned a gun store. Just for the heck of it, 4 of us took a Glock 21 and an XD45 to the range. We all took turns firing each one. All of us shot the XD better than the Glock. That is just our experience, and again I am not bashing Glocks.
Understood and you are like a tee a similar story to many others, glock being a reliable gun and the xd series proving its self as well yet many can shoot them better than their glocks. Good though cheers, i can probably foresee glock upping the game a little to try to get over SA

Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What is the price for the XDS?

Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #8

The retail is $599.99. You will likely be able to get one in the $500-$550 range.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Im gonna wait till the new wears off the XDS, I think $600 is a bit expensive for what it is, however, if GTs gets them in and and I can get the military discount I will be jumping on it.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #10

5 plus one is a joke! Stick with the xd sub compact!