Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Opinions on hi point pistols (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/opinions-hi-point-pistols-51748/)

DEagle13 11-14-2011 12:36 AM

Opinions on hi point pistols

Whats everyones opinion on high points?

JonM 11-14-2011 12:39 AM

they are better than glocks.

trip286 11-14-2011 12:41 AM

This topic has been chewed on time and time again.

What it comes down to, many owners like them, and many people talk smack about them and call them a cheap piece of junk.

Not too many actual owners talk bad about them, except regarding their looks and ergonomics.

My opinion, best value on the market when you compare reliability vs money spent. Not to mention their lifetime warranty, and they don't care how many owners their guns go through, they'll still honor that warranty.

partdeux 11-14-2011 01:02 AM

after shooting my FIL double 9 yesterday... I'll sit on the junk side.

DEagle13 11-14-2011 01:24 AM

Im thinking about getting the 9mm carbine...and the 45 acp pistol

trip286 11-14-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 627015)
after shooting my FIL double 9 yesterday... I'll sit on the junk side.

You can sit on the junk side all you want, and I respect your opinion and your right to do so. But this is where I point out the lifetime warranty. If it's broke, they fix it. They fix it for free, throw in a few upgrades if there's any available (sights, extractors, etc.), usually a new mag or two for your trouble, and a good thorough cleaning. Which is a good thing, because takedown for that thing is a B!@#%.

Gh0zt36 11-14-2011 02:20 AM

i saw a torture test on youtube they ran over the thing with a dodge 4x4 , threw it at a tree and it still fired flawlessly .. most of all the bad ive heard were from people who never owned one. most who have owned them have never said a bad word about them except the occasional explosion hahha

partdeux 11-14-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 627032)
You can sit on the junk side all you want, and I respect your opinion and your right to do so. But this is where I point out the lifetime warranty. If it's broke, they fix it.

I'll have to let him know... It was crazy, the spread at 21'.

trip286 11-14-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 627096)
I'll have to let him know... It was crazy, the spread at 21'.

May be a damaged barrel. The one I've shot held about 3-4" groups at 21'. Now if you consider that to be bad, then there's no changing your mind. I'm assuming you mean something truly terrible right?

And no offense, but I don't base quality on a single person's grouping with a gun, even if that person is someone I know is an excellent marksman. Now, if the gun were in a vise, or shot by several different people, and maybe from a rest of some sort... That's a totally different story, but you haven't shared those details, feel free to if you want. There's a lot of people that can shoot better than me, so if I claim a 4 inch group at 15', then chances are the gun is likely perfectly capable of 2" groups.

partdeux 11-15-2011 12:07 AM

Considering I just put a 1" grouping at the same distance with my 22/45 (iron sights), and then went to 6" grouping. Next time we go out I'll put the gun in a rest and use the my tac ammo. If it still shoots bad, then will start looking into sending it back for repair.