Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Opinion On Springfield XD45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Opinion On Springfield XD45

I've really been eyeing it after shooting it not too long ago. Curious to hear some feedback from other owners.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #2

You can't go wrong with an XD. They have the same quality and reliability as a Glock, but come with a few extra safety features. I favor the XD's because I can quickly tell if a round is in the chamber and ready to shoot. The palm safety is a nice feature as well. I have put enough rounds through mine without failure to be confident it will work when I need it. To top that off they are accurate and reasonably priced.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A1 hunting supply summed it up well. I have an XD .45 and it's great.

God, grant me the courage to do what I know is right, even when I think it is hopeless.

www.michiganmilitia.com

Old 05-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #4

I love my xd-45C and xd-45 service. I shouldn't say this but i actually like them better than my g19. They point better.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #5

Default XD

glocks suck

Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #6

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I own a few Glocks, and was given an XD45 to test and evaluate last year by Springfield Armory. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one! A better factory trigger than my Glock 21, better hand fit for most people, and easier on the wallet! Not to mention you get the free holster and mag pouch with the purchase to boot! I took one of my officers to Springfield last week and picked him up an new XD45 for a duty pistol. Oh, one other thing. I did a side by side shoot off with the XD45 against my Glock 21. The XD shot better every time, in my hands. If the XD would have been available when I bought my Glock 21, I'd be carrying it.

Donnie

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 06-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
glocks suck
Sigh..........it never fails, anytime somebody ask about a Glock, or XD somebody always comes along to chip in with "Glock Sucks" or "XDs suck".

Both have so far proven to be reliable dependable platforms. Some will like one over the other. I prefer the Glock for many reasons (but mostly because it does not look like a stack of legos, slapped together by a child with downs syndrome, like the XD does ).

I have owned Glocks for many years, and in all those years thousands of rounds later guess what. Not one time have any of them ever failed to go bang. Even if I am shooting some crappy made in Turkey 9mm subgun only ammo. I can always hit what I am aiming at with them. Tell me now why do they suck?

Old 06-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #8

Default glocks suck

its just personal preference. some people just have had better experiences with their glocks and they will swear by them, i am not a fan, and i wouldnt trust my life to them. i think maybe a decade ago i would probably have had no other choice, but i simply prefer the xd over the glock, no offense. didnt mean for the glocks suck comment to strike a nerve. ive just not been impressed by them lately and have talked about 30 people over the last 6 months out of glock and into an xd. i think that from what ive seen, even LEO guys, who actually pick the xd up and try it, they swap over real quick. the xd is truely and impressive weapon

Old 06-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #9

Default The XD45 is a great pistol

and anyone would be well served by it.

Personally, I have never liked a grip safety, and will not own a firearm with said device. Just my personal quirk.

But you would do well with an XD or a Glock. Shoot both, buy what YOU like.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #10

Default Glocks suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
glocks suck
I see very little differance in the two, except Glock offers a real 10 mm round

If you run your just going to die tired!!!