Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Numbering on magazine clips (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/numbering-magazine-clips-18325/)

jmontie 09-21-2009 01:11 AM

Numbering on magazine clips

I was noticing the numbering on my clips. It shows the number of rounds, but instead of "9" they have a "6". I was wondering if this is normal.

I forgot I have a XD 9mm Tactical

c3shooter 09-21-2009 01:19 AM

ɹəʌo ʇı uɹnʇ uʍopəpısdn əuızɐƃɐɯ əɥʇ ƃuıploɥ əɹɐ noʎ

jmontie 09-21-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 162847)
ɹəʌo ʇı uɹnʇ uʍopəpısdn əuızɐƃɐɯ əɥʇ ƃuıploɥ əɹɐ noʎ

Duh!!! I think if I can read the "6" right I can read the "9" right.

I'm looking for information on this, not a comedian.

Gatekeeper 09-21-2009 01:49 AM

Relax jmontie, you need a thick skin around here. Sure c3's just messin with ya!
Its probly just a glitch at the factory. Got any pics??
My little cousin just bought a XDM in 9mm a few weeks back, the no's on his were right. Great pistol.
Welcome to FTF

jmontie 09-21-2009 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 162854)
Relax jmontie, you need a thick skin around here. Sure c3's just messin with ya!
Its probly just a glitch at the factory. Got any pics??
My little cousin just bought a XDM in 9mm a few weeks back, the no's on his were right. Great pistol.
Welcome to FTF

I'm relaxed, and have a pretty thick skin. If you offer comments like that, at least follow it with a suggestion. If c3 don't like my comments, well mine was a response to his.

Anyway back to the original post. Attached are photos of the mag's. You can clearly seeit goes from 8 to 6 to 10.

You are right, it is probably a glitch and they work fine. It's just for the money you pay for the gun they should be able to count.

Bigguns911 09-21-2009 06:36 PM

I would say the same about the glitch thing. Also just a point that is near and dear to my hart. These are magazines not clips. Clips hold ammo on them magazines hold ammo in them. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't have a clue.

gadrooning 09-21-2009 06:40 PM

I wonder if they got that employee M&m let go for throwing away all the w's

jmontie 09-21-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguns911 (Post 163235)
I would say the same about the glitch thing. Also just a point that is near and dear to my hart. These are magazines not clips. Clips hold ammo on them magazines hold ammo in them. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't have a clue.

Yeah, I figured it was a glitch, just wondered if anyone else had run accross it.

Oh, by the way it is spelled heart. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't know how to spell.

orangello 09-21-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmontie (Post 163238)
Oh, by the way it is spelled heart.

He could have a pet deer that is annoyed by terminology flubs. :D

I will have to take a look at my mags; I do remember the numbers looked odd for some reason. Mine is the .45 tactical, though.

Bigguns911 09-22-2009 02:58 PM

Oh, by the way it is spelled heart. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't know how to spell.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, my bad I do suck at spelling. It is just one of those things that gets to me. I now I came across like an ass then I can't spell in my post, I'm a dumb as what can I say. Any how good luck with that. :rolleyes: