Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Now he wants a Desert Eagle! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/now-he-wants-desert-eagle-62043/)

taxgodfather60 04-07-2012 06:49 PM

Now he wants a Desert Eagle!

Swear my kid has ADD...now he says the DE! Is it too much for him? Once again thanks for all your help. Appreciate any insights.

If you got a tax question, feel free to ask :-)

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Axxe55 04-07-2012 06:54 PM

very large and heavy pistol. IMO, toatally impractical for anything. but they are cool and fun to shoot! they are more suited to people with big hands as they have a very large grip. also they tend to run on the expensive side as far as pistols.

JonM 04-08-2012 02:00 AM

now that kahr took over production... DONT BUY A NEW ONE!!!

older ones marked imi or magnum research are good to go with the IMI version slightly higher quality. most desert eagles have very few rounds through them. also use jacketed bullets only. lead bullets will clog the gas port and its almost impossible to clean the port out.

they are mostly used for fun and handgun hunting.

the 357magnum versions have very little recoil and are actually very very fast accurate shooters.

mountainman13 04-08-2012 02:07 AM

Whenever I see a guy at the range with a desert eagle or a s&w 500 I can't help but wonder what they are trying to compensate for.

ZombieBrawler 04-08-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Whenever I see a guy at the range with a desert eagle or a s&w 500 I can't help but wonder what they are trying to compensate for.

Lack of recoil?

mountainman13 04-08-2012 10:54 AM

Lmfao. To put it nicely. ;)

ZombieBrawler 04-08-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Lmfao. To put it nicely. ;)

Haha me too, deagles are nuts by far and holy hell a guy i saw at the range last week has an OG ass .50 eagle for his CC!!!

jeepejeep 04-08-2012 04:01 PM

I don't know about others, but nothing to compensate for here. I do believe those who question this may just be afraid of a little blast and recoil? Anywho, I love my DE. Practical? Nope but ton's of fun!
As for your son, how old is he? How large is he? You do have to have fairly large hands as the grip is big in order to contain the 50AE cartridge. Recoil is pretty stiff and there's a lot of muzzle blast. Shoot it on a cloudy day or indoors and there's a great fire ball too!
I've heard the newer ones are not made well, mine is over 15 years old and made by Magnum Research. I have about 700 rounds through mine and just love shooting it and watching others shoot it for the first time.

LikeABoss 04-10-2012 08:58 PM

JeepeJeep ^5, you are right on!!

Not compensating for anything, just love the power the blast the recoil. It's a gun for the shooters that say I have everything else that I want, but I don't have a DE! Could but 3 Glocks for the money or a couple Sigs. Always curious why high end toys have so many haters. If you can't afford it or chose not to spend your money this way, move on. It's an expensive gun to buy and expensive to shoot. No question about it.