No Fiber Optic Sight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > No Fiber Optic Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I just received my Xds from Kygunco and it did not come with the fiber optic front sight. Anyone heard of this?

Last edited by Whitesoxfan1; 01-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2

Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The specs off the Springfield Armory website certainly specify a front F/O sight:

http://xdspistol.com/specs.php

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #4

I received an email from Kygunco and they said it was an error on Springfield Armory during their manufacturing and to contact them. I did send them an email about this and am waiting to hear from them and what they will do to resolve this. Kygunco also said that if they don't fix the problem they will get me the correct front sight. It would be nice to get some upgraded sights for the trouble!!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #5

Well Springfield Armory replied back saying they will replace the front sight with the correct fiber optic that it should have come with. I am disappointed that I have yet to shoot it and hope that the turnaround time is fairly quick considering I'm in Illinois also. I'm debating if I should have them upgrade them while it's there? Any thoughts about some better sights?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have Truglow TFO (tritium & fiber optic) sights on my XD-40 service carry pistol, and I love them.

If you do a search you may find complaints of durability issues when they first came out - the fiber optic tubes dislodging from the sight - but I believe they have corrected that deficiency. I certainly haven't had any problems over the two years or so that I've carried mine.

The street price is considerably better than than in this link, so if SA can't be reasonable, there are other options:

http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NO_TREE?cat=30500?co mpany=TGI

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 04-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #7

Why don't you buy the sight pusher made for the XD and works perfect with truglo sights. Go to hillwigtool.com I know for a fact it works great. You will be glad you did.

James G. Hillwig, Jr., Owner
Hillwig Tool LLC
Home of the "Universal Sight Pusher"

Old 04-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the TFO from truglo & the front optic came out at about 600-700 rounds looking to replace it. Love the sights but nervous about putting another truglo on it.

Btw will the xd sight pusher mentioned above work on the tactical .45acp model? I know in the past other sight pushers would work on all the other models but not the .45acp tactical or service.