Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Night sights. Springfield vs Trijicon vs Heinie (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/night-sights-springfield-vs-trijicon-vs-heinie-10513/)

Slawth 02-02-2009 01:54 PM

Night sights. Springfield vs Trijicon vs Heinie
 
I will be sending my XD to Springfield for some custom work and have 3 options for night sights:

Springfield Custom 3 dot tritium
Trijicon 3 dot tritium
Heinie straight 8 slant pro or their 3 dot

I am leaning toward the Heinie straight 8's but have no experience with them nor the Springfield 3 dots (aren't the Springfield sights made by Trijicon anyway?)

Experiences? Likes, dislikes?

This will be for my daily CC.

Chester 02-03-2009 03:45 PM

Before you buy check these sights out.

Sure Sight - The Newest Idea in Accurate Shooting

8000F 03-14-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slawth (Post 67596)
I will be sending my XD to Springfield for some custom work and have 3 options for night sights:

Springfield Custom 3 dot tritium
Trijicon 3 dot tritium
Heinie straight 8 slant pro or their 3 dot

I am leaning toward the Heinie straight 8's but have no experience with them nor the Springfield 3 dots (aren't the Springfield sights made by Trijicon anyway?)

Experiences? Likes, dislikes?

This will be for my daily CC.

I much prefer the Heinie straight 8's...

The Godfather 03-15-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 67982)
Before you buy check these sights out.

Sure Sight - The Newest Idea in Accurate Shooting


neat-o

:)

JohnnyBlk45 03-29-2009 03:42 PM

Sights
 
Do you have to send your firearm to Springfield to get the sights put on or can you go to any gun smith?

Slawth 05-12-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlk45 (Post 88616)
Do you have to send your firearm to Springfield to get the sights put on or can you go to any gun smith?

I apologize I missed your post. Maybe a little late now but you can go to any gunsmith or do it yourself with this handy little fella canebrake turned me on to:sight tool

SGT_Calle 01-19-2010 08:25 PM

Which sights did you go with? Thinking about doing the same with my XD. A pic would also be awesome!

lonyaeger 01-19-2010 11:04 PM

http://www.q45.org/uploads/old_thread.jpg

SGT_Calle 01-19-2010 11:11 PM

HA!
why not? I guess I could've startted a whole new thread... but that's just lazy.

NGIB 01-19-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT_Calle (Post 215371)
HA!
why not? I guess I could've startted a whole new thread... but that's just lazy.

Just took a peek and the OP hasn't been on since before Christmas. It's always wise to check this on old threads...


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.