Night Sights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Night Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Night Sights

I want to get some night sights for my XD9. It is a 2004 model and the factory sights are pretty hard to pick up these days with all the use this gun has seen. What night sights would you guys recommend?

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Have you seen Gato Pardo's stuff? He is a vendor on here & let some of the gang test drive his stuff. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/glow-holiday-sale-35497/

Tango's review http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ftf-first-look-glow-33139/ There were at least three or four guys who tried it out.

I haven't ordered any yet, but i plan to. (for my XD45, my SKS, and the Mossy pump 12)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Regardless of the brand you select - you'll have to have them installed by a 'smith. The factory sights on XDs cannot be moved by mere mortals - nothing less than an industrial sight pusher will move them at all...

Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Regardless of the brand you select - you'll have to have them installed by a 'smith. The factory sights on XDs cannot be moved by mere mortals - nothing less than an industrial sight pusher will move them at all...
It is easier to mill them out than try to push them. They are some kinda crazy tight.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
I want to get some night sights for my XD9. It is a 2004 model and the factory sights are pretty hard to pick up these days with all the use this gun has seen. What night sights would you guys recommend?
Trijicon night sights.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

If you really feel the need for night sights, take a look at the Heinie's.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
If you really feel the need for night sights, take a look at the Heinie's.
Many a time I was thinking it would be great to have them. I think night sights are an essential part of a defensive weapon.

My sticky stuff from gatarpardo works well and glows most of the night, but the paint on stuff for the sights glows bright only for a little while.
My local gunshop has a sign that says they will install night sights on xd's. I just need the time and motivation to go.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Already planning on having a smith do it...I'd rather pay someone a small fee than to mess something up trying to do it myself.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 AM   #9

Remove the slide and mail it to Springfield Armory. They will install the night sights and return it to you pretty fast. Call them for the current price.

It is a deal !