Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > New XDm9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default New XDm9

Saw a post for a new XDM9 on armlist last night, emailed the owner, played text-tag for a while this morning and drove 70 miles to get what I hope is the ideal new handgun for me.

I tried on the XD, SR9, and M&P at a recent gun show and the XD seemed to fit the best. Now I need to shoot the sucker!. The guy bought it a couple months ago and hadn't even fired it yet. I need to find a punch the right size to try on the next size smaller backstrap to see if I like that better. The gun came with the XD gear, box, lock, and bore brush. The warranty card hadn't been filled out yet, either.

I have a P89 that I love, but wanted one a little smaller and lighter. The 3.8
inch barrel and polymer frame fit that bill and it has a rail for either a light or maybe a bayonet for when the 19 rounds +1 runs out. The mag is pretty stiff to load to capacity and needs to have upward pressure to release it when it is loaded to max, I hope that gets easier after I get some rounds through it. The XD gear holster seems ok, it has adjustable retention via an allen screw. I like the design of the mag loader, it has easy ergonomics.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Congrats on the new gun. Nice write up. Got pics yet?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."