New XDm in .45 ACP - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

New XDm in .45 ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Not sure what the big deal is myself. My XD .45 Compact is about the perfect poly weapon. If I want match grade in a .45 - I'll use one of my 1911s...
Yeah, I don't get the hysteria over the (M) thing. Buy a good ole' XD45 and buy ammo...or a holster...or different sights...or a different trigger. Jeepers.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #12

Regular XD .45 shot good enough for me. Besides, when a zombie is looking down the barrel, you think he will care if it's match-grade or not?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I was planning on getting a XD45 Tactical but if the XDm45 does come out guess I will have to buy one also.That sucks I was trying to save for my kids college funds.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #14

I own a XDm and a XD SC, both 9mm, and I really can't see much difference in how they shoot. Both do great! I carry the SC and keep the M in a gun safe.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
I own a XDm and a XD SC, both 9mm, and I really can't see much difference in how they shoot. Both do great! I carry the SC and keep the M in a gun safe.
You can keep your 9 mike-mike all day. The thread is about the promised XDM .45. Where is it? I dunno, you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Am I the only one who cannot stand the Springfield Armory websites.

"get your hand on one soon...visit the-m-factor.com" and you go there and find absolutely nothing about an XDM 45.

And why I'm venting about Springfield Armory, am I the only one who thinks a XDM 3.8 with a full size grip is the stupidest thing ever? If you want to make a smaller gun, make the grip smaller too so the gun will conceal better.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 04-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I guess you could call me a Springfield fanboy now that i have two of their 1911's.
I am kind of excited about the XDM45, but I think my next pistol will be a regular XD .45.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 AM   #18

Likes Given: 1

I didn't get the XDM 3.8 compact pistol slide on a full sized frame concept either? I would have rather seen a XDM45 introduced before going the compact route on a match pistol design.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

You do have a very good point about the 3.8 on a full size frame. I also have a problem with the Springfield site. Not to change the subject from the XD, but I was looking for information on there new Micro Compact 1911 and did not find anything about the pistol.

What good is it to go to the web site to get information when there is none there? Sorry had to put my 2cents in.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #20

Default 3.8 vs full size

Gents I believe the 3.8 barrel is more for balance than conceal ability. I have the XD9sc and My best mate has the XD40 service model. For me the two conceal the same. I would much rather have the full size handle.

As for the XDm in 45 we have to be patient. I am sure they will have more information on the website soon.

As consumers we tend to be a bit frantic in this industry.

For me the biggest improvement to the gun is the sights upgrade.

Newest Threads