New XD 9mm - slide wouldn't lock after the last round is fired - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > New XD 9mm - slide wouldn't lock after the last round is fired

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
Also if you are having problems with your slide, take it apart. Then go get a bottle of whiskey and drink it. Then go back and take a hammer to the slide and get really pissed with it and beat the **** out of it real good. Then put it all back together and grab ya some ammo and try that lil fugger out.

Let me know how it works
Is that a technical gunsmith approach :-)

---------------------------
John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA | ARRL
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3052 Times on 1594 Posts
Likes Given: 295

It could be normal play at the chamber end of the barrel. When a round is chambered there is more contact with the breech face that takes away the sound. How does it shoot? If it shoots well, don't worry about it.

Stop using the Meth and you will stop noticing such minutia. JK

Old 03-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #13

Default Problem Solved Folks!!!

Alright folks I went to the range today and after about 30 rounds my XD was working fine. The slide stays unlocked after the last round is fired. I don't know what fixed it but here are the few things I did:

I field striped the gun before going to the range.
I was also making sure that my thumb does not touch the slide lock button.

The guy at Academy suggested it may have been a bad mag but it worked just fine with both factory mags.

I have been using Remington FMJ 115g ammo since I bought this gun. The gun may have not broken in properly when I was at the range the last time. I have fired 250 rounds since I got this gun and I can tell that it's getting smoother and smoother. Accuracy of this gun is outstanding!

Someone asked question about rattling - well my XD9 rattles when the slide is locked. Other than that I haven't heard any noises.

Thanks to all who replied

Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #14

Default Same Problem

I have a XD9 Tactical and a XDM9 4.5.

I bought the XD9 a couple of years ago, haven't had any problems with it.

I bought the XDM9 about a month ago. I've had problems with the slide locking since I got it. I've checked everything I know to check.

I even bought two new Springfield XDM mag's.