Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > New xd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New xd

What do you guys think about the new xds?!?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Awesome. Except not the 5+1 round capacity. They could've at least made it 7.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looking at all the videos from shot show 2012, this looks to be a very promising pistol, especially for CCW and pocket carry.

Maybe not a very good replacement for a Glock 19 due to its low capacity, but it should be very nice alternative to the pocket revolvers, like a Ruger LCR since they are limited in capacity too, but with the bigger power of the .45 ACP. Also only slightly heavier than a LCR in .357 magnum.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The drawback I have the single stack capacity, I enjoy the XD line very much (I have a XD & XD-M) and would purchase another one in a heartbeat. When I have the time and money and the LGS has the XD-S in stock I may go rent one and take it for a test drive and see where my stand point is then.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The website is xdspistol.com by the way. Anyone hear of any pricing?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

im sure its a good shooter but seriously... 5+1?!?!??!??? better off with a small 357 snub revolver.

i was really excited about it as i simply love the xdm line but the capacity issue sinks the boat for me. my colt new agent has 7+1 and can utilize full size mags.

i would think that springfield coulda spent a little more time in magazine development and squeezed 2 more shots in the mag.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #7

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Im getting one

Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
im sure its a good shooter but seriously... 5+1?!?!??!??? better off with a small 357 snub revolver.

i was really excited about it as i simply love the xdm line but the capacity issue sinks the boat for me. my colt new agent has 7+1 and can utilize full size mags.

i would think that springfield coulda spent a little more time in magazine development and squeezed 2 more shots in the mag.
Most snub nose revolvers have a capacity of 5 rounds in the cylinder. Just check out the specs on the Ruger LCR in .38 or .357. I would say the XD-S has the edge on this one because you can have 5 in the mag plus one in the chamber.

Newest Threads