New XD-45 - & Wife is Not Pissed!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > New XD-45 - & Wife is Not Pissed!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New XD-45 - & Wife is Not Pissed!!

What a great July 4th weekend - bought my XD-45 + 500 rounds at the gun show on Saturday, then passed the conceal-carry class with my wife the next day!

I WANTED a "compact" in stainless w/the 4" barrel and thumb safety, but there were only TWO XD-45 4" barrels in the entire show, and both of those were the black "Service" model. So what to do? Well, before slobbering Barney and Queen Nancy outlaw it, I decided to just buy one of the black 4" XD-45's right in front of me ($529).

Gotta love Virginia - my approval took less time that it took to fill out the paperwork and I was on my way back out the door!! It was my very first handgun purchase, and here I was walking out past the state police with my featherweight bad-a$$ XD and frickin' 50 pounds of ammo, and they didn't bat an eye!! Of course, I'm one of the "good guys" and plan to keep it that way.

My bride? She totally approved!! Except she didn't much like me paying 49 cents per 45ACP round, but that's the new reality... In fact at the CCW class she suggested I get a knife like the instructor had, and now is looking for a .38 hammerless snubnose, at the recommendation of the instructor! We've got the fever, baby!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #2

Congrats! Nothing better than having a wife approving AND enjoying what you do. Congrats on passing the CCW class.

Enjoy it while you can!

S.S.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yep, it's pretty cool when your wife not only approves, but goes with you to the range! My wife had fun shooting my XD45.

nice-shot-2-small.jpg  

Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
Yep, it's pretty cool when your wife not only approves, but goes with you to the range! My wife had fun shooting my XD45.
Yep, as long as she doesn't go all "Steve McNair" on you!!

- Mossberg 500 12G Tactical: Adjustable stock + pistol grip
- Springfield XD-45ACP, 4" Service Model

Still don't know nuthin', but I'm a-learnin!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:13 AM   #5

Well she is obviously a keeper.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Well she is obviously a keeper.
Thanks! I've kept her for over 16 years now!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #7

congratulations, great handgun. i bought one last year. after about 500 rounds, no fail to feed or stove pipes. i've tried 185 grn rnfp, 200 grn rnfp and 230 grn rn, all fed flawless. very accurate

Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succinct View Post
What a great July 4th weekend - bought my XD-45 + 500 rounds at the gun show on Saturday, then passed the conceal-carry class with my wife the next day!

I WANTED a "compact" in stainless w/the 4" barrel and thumb safety, but there were only TWO XD-45 4" barrels in the entire show, and both of those were the black "Service" model. So what to do? Well, before slobbering Barney and Queen Nancy outlaw it, I decided to just buy one of the black 4" XD-45's right in front of me ($529).

Gotta love Virginia - my approval took less time that it took to fill out the paperwork and I was on my way back out the door!! It was my very first handgun purchase, and here I was walking out past the state police with my featherweight bad-a$$ XD and frickin' 50 pounds of ammo, and they didn't bat an eye!! Of course, I'm one of the "good guys" and plan to keep it that way.

My bride? She totally approved!! Except she didn't much like me paying 49 cents per 45ACP round, but that's the new reality... In fact at the CCW class she suggested I get a knife like the instructor had, and now is looking for a .38 hammerless snubnose, at the recommendation of the instructor! We've got the fever, baby!

Which gun show did you go to?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdadee View Post
Which gun show did you go to?
Hampton, VA, July 4th. Patriotic, eh?

There's another coming up on Labor Day weekend Saturday (IIRC) at the Norfolk Scope, dunno who is running it tho. I prob won't be going to that one.